i know the gauge (9-42) but what brand are the stock ones? just trying to get the same feel as the stock. was a shred devil until the high e broke, freaking yngwie exercises.
gear
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
ESP LTD H-207 (seven string)
Roland Cube 30X
ibanez ijx-40 starter
Ibanez do have their own strings, but a lot of them come strung with D'Addario's. They probably don't even manufacture their own strings, they just get some cheap ones and put their name on them.
I think like they said, they are D'addarios. I'm like 70% sure of that. I say just go for those and see. You could try slinkys too if you want. Lots love Elixer brand too (although expencive)
Quote by 742627000017
Yeah especialy D'addario Heavy Gauge ones
Believe me,youll have to wash your pants every time you play

They come (no pun intended) with 9's, usually, apart from shorter scale models, like the SZ. You'll need to adjust the tremolo if you're gonna change string guage, and that's a pain to do as a lot of Ibanez guitars come with double-locking tremolos.
thanks for the input!

i have some d addarios, picking attack is well pronounced but fretting isnt nearly as fast as ibanez's no name brand strings. the E,B, and G strings have a sort of dark grey tint and dont shine silver like the daddarios do. any thoughts? is this a "coated" string set?
gear
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
ESP LTD H-207 (seven string)
Roland Cube 30X
ibanez ijx-40 starter