-If this is in the wrong thread, please notify me.-

Hello,
I have an Alesis Multimix 8 USB mixer and a Behringer Ultratone K1800FX Keyboard Amp. When trying to connect the amplifier to the mixer, a deathly annoying high noise pitch is heard. It is not very loud, but it is heard sometimes over my guitar. It is especially annoying for recording purposes and I am looking to somehow get rid of the noise. I have also tested that a direct connection to the amp would not make this noise, but only when connected to the mixer it would make the noise. It could be possibly how i am connecting the amp and the mixer which is by an ordinary instrument cable. Directly from one of the inputs of the amp to the CTRL RM input in the Mixer. Can somebody please help?

Thank You in advance.
Any chance you've got it plugged into the PC at the same time you're hearing the noise?
Why are you running from the input of your amp to the CNTRL RM of your mixer? The CNTRL RM is the OUTPUT of your mixer. You need to go from the line out of the amp to the line in on the mixer. Amp line out - Mixer line in
Quote by Matt420740
Why are you running from the input of your amp to the CNTRL RM of your mixer? The CNTRL RM is the OUTPUT of your mixer. You need to go from the line out of the amp to the line in on the mixer. Amp line out - Mixer line in

Here's the thing- i have my guitar hooked up to a digitech footpedal which is running it to the mixer. When i put it in the output of the amp, the guitar isn't heard because the footpedal isn't hooked into the amp. How can i fix that so the footpedal will still work during recordings?

To the response before this- i have tried to hook up the mixer and amp with and without the USB connection to my PC and it still makes the same noise.
What do you mean by "When i put it in the output of the amp, the guitar isn't heard." You can't put something "in" the output. The output is for out, not in. You need to run to the input of your amp. The sound you are getting is because you are not hooking it up right. You need to run your guitar to the footpedal, then to your amp, then run the "line out" of your amp to the "line in" of your mixer. If you don't have a line out on your amp you can use the headphone jack, or buy a mic.