You need an amp with it, to play through, but you'd only use the clean channel if you wanted to use any of the distortion on the POD.

You could also run it through a P.A system/speakers if you wanted.

And as far as I'm aware, it's plug and play for the onboard stuff.
Quote by Mazzakazza
You need an amp with it, to play through, but you'd only use the clean channel if you wanted to use any of the distortion on the POD.

You could also run it through a P.A system/speakers if you wanted.

And as far as I'm aware, it's plug and play for the onboard stuff.

So, I plug into the amp as I normally would, but... then what?

Ans are you sure an amp is needed?
You can use it between your guitar and a desk or PA at a gig to supply your tones.

You can use it as a multi-effects pedal between your guitar and amp.

You can just plug your guitar, power and headphones into it and use it on its own.

I think you can plug it into a computer and record with it.

If you just want a large variety of sounds to play with, and you can't go too loud, then it's good. However, they aren't the best quality sounds, so if you'll be gigging/recording a lot, it could be worth getting a good valve amp and individual effects pedals.
Yeah. Otherwise where would the sound come from? :P

You connect one cable from the INPUT to your amp to the OUTPUT from the pedal, then another cable from INPUT in the pedal to the OUTPUT jack on your guitar. So you need two cables, an amp, a guitar, and the pedal.
Quote by blue_strat
You can use it between your guitar and a desk or PA at a gig to supply your tones.

You can use it as a multi-effects pedal between your guitar and amp.

You can just plug your guitar, power and headphones into it and use it on its own.

I think you can plug it into a computer and record with it.

If you just want a large variety of sounds to play with, and you can't go too loud, then it's good. However, they aren't the best quality sounds, so if you'll be gigging/recording a lot, it could be worth getting a good valve amp and individual effects pedals.

the thing has the headphone hole right?

Sorry, I'm a technophobe...

And I need to be quiet, but will the pod actually work with no amp?

Just plug the guitar into the lead hole thingy in the pod, then put headphones in, then play and it will work?

Is it fiddly or not?

And I assume by power you mean put it into a plug?
Sorry about the questions...
Last edited by SlayedInTheFace at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat
^ Power cable, from the mains to the Pod.

So that'll work?

Asin the noise will be supplied only from the pod, and if I want my PC, If so, thanks.

Oh, yeah, and a final question, I don't need any software/and/or cables on my PC for it to work on my PC do I?
i think you wud probably need an amp, im not sure about headphone, there might not be a headphone socket.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Ok, I'm getting confused now, someone give me a step by step guide of using the line 6 pod 2 with earphones; no amp.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
cmon guys help me!

okay
its an effects processor
it processes effects
you know those multi fx pedals? thats basically what this is.
idk if it has a headphone jack
of course you need an amp, because where else would you get the sound from?
You plug your guitar into it, then you take another cable and plug that into whatever your playing through.
If its an amp, then you just plug it into the output jack.
If its a computer, then you plug it into your interface or adapter ir whatever you want to use to plug your guitar into your computer.
most people use it for recording, its not ideal for gigging or professional stuff because the effects arent great, but there not awful either.
I dont see why you would need one, where did this come about TS?
EDIT: and dude you should make an anti stormfront website, like seriously, i joined your group, maybe get someone else in the group to do it, i could do if needed
Last edited by stratdud39 at Dec 29, 2008,
Get it from dolphinmusic.co.uk much better site i ordered from there and GAK sucks.

You can play it through headphones and its great for playing through the night.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Let me help you out.

This is the POD 2.0

Explanation of each:
Input - Plug your guitar in here.

Phones - Plug in your headphones here for silent practicing.

Left & Right Output - These are balanced 1/4" TRS connectors, and ready to rock with pro +4 dBu balanced equipment. They will also work happily with unbalanced -10 dBV equipment and standard guitar cables.

A.I.R.™ Mode – If you want to plug POD into a guitar amp as “front end,” flip the A.I.R. Mode switch to AMP, and set your amp for a clean tone. This defeats the speaker-microphone-room tone simulation of the A.I.R. processing. If you’re using POD in almost any other setup (plugging direct into a mixer, recorder, PA, power amplifier, etc.) you want the DIRECT position on the A.I.R. switch.

Foot Pedal Connector - POD® 2.0 is now compatible with the entire line of current foot controllers including FBV Express™ and FBV Shortboard™!

MIDI In & Out - Connect POD to your MIDI equipment to select channel memories or automate POD settings.

So yeah, you can use it like this:
Guitar --> POD 2.0 --> Amp
Guitar --> POD 2.0 --> Computer
Guitar --> POD 2.0 --> Headphones

Take a look at the FBV Pedal, here's a link. It will help you control your POD 2.0 channels easly.

Edit: typo's