Anyone used these before? Are they good?
I was thinking of getting them mainly to provide more tension in the lower strings as I find it easier to play.
Awesome strings

I use them and loads of famous people like Kirk Hammet, Synyster Gates and James Hetfield use them
They are good for dropped tunings and they work well for something like CGCGCE. If I'm playing in a standard tuning, I use regular strings.
i don't use Ernie ball strings but i use exactly the same gauge from Dean Markley
it's 10-52 right?
in my opinion these string setup is perfect, even in drop d or c# the strings have a comfortable tension!

get em
Beer is fine.
Quote by quAck91
i don't use Ernie ball strings but i use exactly the same gauge from Dean Markley
it's 10-52 right?
in my opinion these string setup is perfect, even in drop d or c# the strings have a comfortable tension!

get em

Correct.

Get them.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
A friend of mine used to use them, I always thought they play a little uneven and lack in balance, but for tuning-experiments they might work just fine.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
Quote by philm87
i'm guessing the extra tension helps to reduce buzz as well???

Well the extra tension is designed for drop tunings so when you tune it down the string doesn't buzz and feels more like on a normal tuning. On normal tunings it might be a little tight.
they are the best strings i have ever used
because i like to use drop d tuning and they are great for it
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
dont they pull on ur neck with two different tensions raping ur neck unless you have two truss rods to set your neck accordingly?
^no

They're the only thing I use. I used to use the hybrid slinkies (the orange ones, like 10-46 or whatever) but the STHB feel so much better to me.

I don't play metal or anything. Just that thicker strings = more tone, in my opinion. Or ask SRV.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Would STHBs be good for standard tunings? I find my 10-42 set somwhat flimsy on the EAD strings, while the rest are fine.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.