Right i currently have a ibanez rg2550z and a esp ltd EC-1000, and im wanting to add to my collection. I play mainly play metal/ hard rock and i play through my engl tube amp (thunder 50 head and 4x12 cab). But seeing as i hav christmas money and i get paid soon i was thinking of getting a new guitar i was looking into the ibanez S series prestige models and also the prestige SV models, but i was also looking at the esp ltd m-1000 too! So guys i need help in deciding what would be the best buy for me. Thanks
Ive played the prestige models and they are amazing if I had money I would get one. Ive heard alot of good things about the S series guitars as well but I have no personal experince with them.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
Ibanez is the ****

everyones loving the ibanez atm haha, i no they have the 2008 s series atm do you if there is any 2009 model coming out? thanks
I'd go for the prestige series,they're great guitars.Not knocking ESP or anything,but I just prefer Ibanez.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Dude, Prestige models are the ****.

It kinda blows that even the higher end model Ibanezes are bolt-ons still, but at the end of the day it doesn't make too much of a difference.

I prefer ESP/LTD, but if you have an opportunity to get a good Prestige model... DO IT.

Especially the S-series models. Owns RG anyday IMO
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
im surprised some people have said ibanez. seeing as people say esp are pure "metal" lol. i have to admit i do prefer my ibanez 2550z which is a RG prestige to my ec-1000 which is a deluxe series from Ltd.