I've been trying to learn the below song portion, and I'm pretty sure it does an F# pinch harmonic on the D string(This is in D standard tuning, so it is actually an F#). It feels awkward whenever I do this harmonic, it sounds the exact opposite of smooth.

Can anyone give any advice on how to make it sound/feel less horrible?

PM  A.H.     PM   PM   PM------------------|    PM------|
|------------------------------------|----------------------------|
|------------------------------------|----------------------------|
|------------------------------------|--------------------1h2p1---|
|-----6------------------------------|------------------3-------3-|
|---7---------8---10----7-4--7-----7-|--------------1-------------|
|-0--------0----0----0----------6----|-0-0-0--0-0-0-1-0-----------|

Yeah, there's actually a wall of notes that this goes to. Any help would be great.
what gauge are your strings?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Gauge 11. Yeah, I know it should be easy on a D string that thick, but it doesn't feel right to me.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
11 gauge. Yeah, I know it should be easy on a D string that thick, but it doesn't feel right to me.

whoaaaaa.

i thought you meant like 9 or something.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by ComradeIronMan
Fair enough. I'll have to ditch my steel pick, maybe that'll make things easier.

maybe slightly

use dunlop jazz IIIs!

>.>

Quote by cornmancer
Dude, 11 aint soft, 9 or 8 is soft lol. Though maybe is wrong thechnique use in this case man.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Weird. I can pull off a powerful, clear Pinch Harmonic on every string EXCEPT for my low E string and A string.

It's rather sad, really. I have no idea what it is, but it may just be my pickups (Cheap, crappy sounding 650T 750R copies, through a crappier Epiphone Studio 10S). I can hardly pull one off on the low E, but I can pull off a half-decent one on my A string. Probably just need higher output pickups + a better amp because it takes more magnetic force to get a sound out of the thicker strings.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Have you changed your gauges or action recently? Changes like these take some time to get used to. Other than that...just try to move your picking hand around to different spots looking for it. On my LTD, I can get them out in the same spot with my picking hand, except for the 14th fret on the g-string...I have to move my picking hand a little closer to the neck. What kind of guitar are you using?
I found something out. My pickups HATE harmonics. I'm playing crappy, default ones on a Jackson Warrior. I might go test out my harmonics on a more expensive guitar and see if they feel better.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
I found something out. My pickups HATE harmonics. I'm playing crappy, default ones on a Jackson Warrior. I might go test out my harmonics on a more expensive guitar and see if they feel better.

Weird. All of the Warriors have high output pickups. The WRXT has Duncan-Designed Detonators, which are high output, the JS series Warrior has high-output Jackson designed pickup, and the WRMG has EMGs.

Which one do you have?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Extreme Unction!!! I was just learning that this morning. I can get that pinch harmonic, it's just a matter of finding the right spot with your picking hand I think.