hey guys. i have some extra cash laying around and im thinking about getting a ditortion pedal or putting at least 1 new humbucker in my guitar. i was looking at the seymour duncan blackouts, but i cant find how much 1 of them is. im pretty sure my guitar would be able to accomidate active electronics, but im not sure about that. are there any other good pickups that i should look at?? Thanks
for any price you want to find, search froogle on google(the product division of google) and you'll find everything
does your guitar have actives already?
because it'll be tricky to wire an active & a passive together
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
no my guitar has 2 passive humbuckers and a passive single coil. thats what i was afraid of, not being able to wire it. well i am also looking at new amps. should i just not bother with the pickups and get a better amp?? i was thinking b-52 halfstack or a marshall solid state or a kustom amp.
all i have right now is a Kustom dart 10fx. its an amazing little amp with huge potential, just not enough loudness.
im thinking of either getting another better Kustom or getting a raven. any suggestions??
Quote by ryno88
im thinking of either getting another better Kustom or getting a raven. any suggestions??

BUDGET??
GENRES YOU PLAY??
ANY SPECIFIC BANDS??
USED OR NEW??
GIG OR HOME USE??

BTW Raven, SS Marshalls, and line 6 spiders are CRAP
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well my budget is hopefully under 5 or 6 hundred. i like to play everything from classic rock to funk to metal so i want a versatile amp which is why i want another kustom. the 1 i have now does all that so easily. used or new doesnt matter as long as its in my budjet. and possibly small gigs but mostly home use and playing with friends.

haha ok. so no raven. i never played 1 so idk what they are like. i would really like a kustom tho.

thanks
Where do people get the idea that Raven amps are good? I mean, Marshall I can understand, but seriously, Raven? Are people actually starting to believe the bull**** that spills out of the mouths of GC sales personnel?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
BUDGET??
GENRES YOU PLAY??
ANY SPECIFIC BANDS??
USED OR NEW??
GIG OR HOME USE??

BTW Raven, SS Marshalls, and line 6 spiders are CRAP

Spider Valves aren't crap.
Quote by AdamDK
Spider Valves aren't crap.

sorry i meant SS spider IIIs
feel free to add me
Quote by ryno88
hey guys. i have some extra cash laying around and im thinking about getting a ditortion pedal or putting at least 1 new humbucker in my guitar. i was looking at the seymour duncan blackouts, but i cant find how much 1 of them is. im pretty sure my guitar would be able to accomidate active electronics, but im not sure about that. are there any other good pickups that i should look at?? Thanks

Lmfao. Sounds like something from Anchorman, the Legend of Ron Burgundy. (Sex Panther, works 60% of the time, all the time)

Get a JB/'59 or JB/Jazz combo. Best combo around, imo.

That, or Bare Kunckles pickups.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I'm consistently amazed by how much Bareknuckles are recommended around here. I'm really curious how they got so popular here. If you can afford a pair of Bareknuckles, then you can also probably afford a pair of Wagners or Wolfetones or WBs or Skatterbranes, or the Rock Monkey pickups that a forum member here handwinds. Or the countless other handwound, boutique makes out there. If you go that route, you definitely need an idea of what is out there outside of just BKP.
Quote by al112987
I'm consistently amazed by how much Bareknuckles are recommended around here. I'm really curious how they got so popular here. If you can afford a pair of Bareknuckles, then you can also probably afford a pair of Wagners or Wolfetones or WBs or Skatterbranes, or the Rock Monkey pickups that a forum member here handwinds. Or the countless other handwound, boutique makes out there. If you go that route, you definitely need an idea of what is out there outside of just BKP.

al may i ask you
who is the one who makes those rock monkey pups you were talking about
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
al may i ask you
who is the one who makes those rock monkey pups you were talking about

His username is CourduroyEW, I don't have his pickups personally nor have I ever played a guitar with a set of them, but like most handwounds, I am willing to bet they are quality. I have yet to hear a single set of hand wound pickups that didn't sound good. Admittedly some are better than others, but for the most part, no one would go through the process of handbuilding a pickup if it sounded like ****.
thanks for recommending the custom coupe. i was really looking into getting either 1 of those or a hv65 or a hv100. are the hv amps any good??
IMO ryno you should give Bugera and B-52 AT-112 amps a looksie. Both are amazing tube amps for the price (IMO of course). Buy teh warranty though.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ