Ok so after extensive testing today, I've decided to spend £50 of my X-mas money on a Boss OS-2.

That leaves me with another £150 to spend. So, which of these pedals do you recommend I get next?

*Volume Pedal (Currently looking at Ernie Ball but don't know which one)
*Wah Pedal (not so enthusiastic about this but some kind of Jim Dunlop)
*Ebow Plus (not tried one yet but it is the cheapest thing on my wanted list)
*Replace flanger (Already have a Behringer but it's...well a behringer)
*Digitech Whammy (tried this out today, awesome, but pricey)
*Line6 DL-4 (I'm a huge Minus The Bear fan, so is this a good addition?)
*Chorus (Don't know if I need this but I've heard it can help make an acoustic sound?)
*New Valves (not needed but always worth having)

So my question is: what pedal should I get next and can you recommend brands/models/where to get them for prices etc (I live in Scotland btw).

Also if anyone wants to recommend something else I'm open for suggestions, play everything from folk to death metal.

Currently I'm using:

A PRS SE custom
Through a Behringer Blues OD, Behringer Distortion Modeller, Behringer Flanger, Behringer Tremelo (not used much) and Boss DD-7
Into a Peavey Valveking 112.

Hope that was extensive enough
for the wah i would go for just an orignal cry baby. i have one. works great. EVH flanger by Mxr is good but pricey, as for the rest, just mix and match, i would stay away from danelectro and behringer, but MXR and digitech will always be good
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
for the wah i would go for just an orignal cry baby. i have one. works great. EVH flanger by Mxr is good but pricey, as for the rest, just mix and match, i would stay away from danelectro and behringer, but MXR and digitech will always be good

I've heard good things about the EVH flanger.

Bad things about most digitechs though...except from the whammy.
get an EQ pedal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
MXR 10 band EQ
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by maniac-stevo
how good is the behringer flanger coz i was thinkin about getting one.

It does the job.

Have nothing much to compare it to though, but I've been able to get everything from the classic "plane-flying-over-head" sound to a restrained chorus and the kind of odd effects you get on prog/post-hardcore songs.
Ok so I think I'm just gonna go for the volume pedal (have a lot of uses for that).

Can anyone recommend brands/tell me things I should look out for etc? And what's the difference between the different Ernie Ball volume pedals?
I'd rather get the wah pedal! You can pull off a lot by just using the volume pot on your guitar. You might not think you need a wah, but once you have it you'll never go back!

If you're hell bent on the volume pedal, I think Ernie ball makes the "junior" volume pedal which is smaller and cheaper than the full sized one, but still quite expensive. Also check out the Visual Sound one, it has LED displays for your current volume setting.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Ok so I think I'm just gonna go for the volume pedal (have a lot of uses for that).

Can anyone recommend brands/tell me things I should look out for etc? And what's the difference between the different Ernie Ball volume pedals?

dude, ask anyone on the vk thread, they'll tell you the best pedal you could get on a valveking is an EQ. not only can you finetune your sound, but if you put it in the FX loop, the overall gain slider would act as a master volume of the amp, allowing you to crank the preamp tubes while still controlling the volume. what do you need the volume pedal for?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
you could always get an EHX Electric Mistress, its a great flanger and apparently does a good chorus. I'm looking at getting one.

the DL4 is a great delay/looper, tad overpriced and they have a history of falling apart. the Boss DD-20 giga delay can do almost everything the DL4 does for a cheaper price and a better reliability history
Quote by Miss G
you could always get an EHX Electric Mistress, its a great flanger and apparently does a good chorus. I'm looking at getting one.

the DL4 is a great delay/looper, tad overpriced and they have a history of falling apart. the Boss DD-20 giga delay can do almost everything the DL4 does for a cheaper price and a better reliability history

Hmm just looked at prices. The DL-4 and DD-20 are both outside my price range.

Can anyone explain the difference between the different models of Ernie Ball Jr Volume pedals?

They seem to be the same but the smaller one is cheaper...?
i dont know the difference between the jr and the standard ones. I do know there is active and passive, i think it just depends on your pickups. So you would get passive. Correct me if im wrong
Quote by enalsisiht
i dont know the difference between the jr and the standard ones. I do know there is active and passive, i think it just depends on your pickups. So you would get passive. Correct me if im wrong

Yeah I know but...well let me find you the examples:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/eb-6180/10537

Ernie Ball Passive Jr 6180

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/eb-6166/10071

Ernie Ball Passive 6166

Top is cheapest and smallest. Bottom is more expensive but appears to be exactly the same, but less compact?

Any help?
Quote by nbroers
I'd rather get the wah pedal! You can pull off a lot by just using the volume pot on your guitar. You might not think you need a wah, but once you have it you'll never go back!

If you're hell bent on the volume pedal, I think Ernie ball makes the "junior" volume pedal which is smaller and cheaper than the full sized one, but still quite expensive. Also check out the Visual Sound one, it has LED displays for your current volume setting.

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
dude, ask anyone on the vk thread, they'll tell you the best pedal you could get on a valveking is an EQ. not only can you finetune your sound, but if you put it in the FX loop, the overall gain slider would act as a master volume of the amp, allowing you to crank the preamp tubes while still controlling the volume. what do you need the volume pedal for?

To answer both your questions, I'm mainly wanting to use it so I can fade out at the end of songs while still playing certain licks and lead lines (ie ones that don't allow me to use my volume pot).

And the music I play doesn't really NEED a wah, but I'd be interested in getting one at some point. I just feel I'll use a volume more.

The EQ/crank the pre-amp thing does sound interesting though...and the LED volume...

Are there any EQs I should look out for?

EDIT: The Visual Sound volume pedal looks surprisingly cheap...is there a reason why? Poor build quality or is it just that Ernie Ball is a bigger (and more expensive) brand?
Last edited by Heavens_To_Hell at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
To answer both your questions, I'm mainly wanting to use it so I can fade out at the end of songs while still playing certain licks and lead lines (ie ones that don't allow me to use my volume pot).

And the music I play doesn't really NEED a wah, but I'd be interested in getting one at some point. I just feel I'll use a volume more.

The EQ/crank the pre-amp thing does sound interesting though...and the LED volume...

Are there any EQs I should look out for?

EDIT: The Visual Sound volume pedal looks surprisingly cheap...is there a reason why? Poor build quality or is it just that Ernie Ball is a bigger (and more expensive) brand?

well you could crank the preamp using the volume pedal too. what it does is if you put the volume pedal in the FX loop, it acts as a master volume knob, since valvekings dont have a master. if you end up deciding on an EQ pedal, get the MXR 10 band, as i said earlier.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
well you could crank the preamp using the volume pedal too. what it does is if you put the volume pedal in the FX loop, it acts as a master volume knob, since valvekings dont have a master. if you end up deciding on an EQ pedal, get the MXR 10 band, as i said earlier.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/m-108-10-band-graphic-eq/12386">This?