Hey UG. To any guitarists out there that use the guitar method books, do you have a personal favourite? I'm trying to find out so i can decide which one to choose, keeping in mind i am a beginner and i want one that covers all the beginner stuff goes into lots of musical theory and very little tablature at most. Thanks guys!
Last edited by cjlane at Dec 29, 2008,
u can find a lot of that stuff on here...
look around and search in the lessons and find some stuff...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
u can find a lot of that stuff on here...
look around and search in the lessons and find some stuff...

That is very true Skynyrd and I have found alot of useful stuff on UG regarding lessons and theory. With that said, I still want a guitar theory book to go through all the basics and thoroughly go through reading musical notation, chords, scales etc. Upon starting bass guitar I didn't go through and do that so I really didn't know and still don't know anything theory-wise, I don't want the same to happen to my guitar playing, so if anyone knows a really good beginners theory book regarding guitar playing, please help! Thanks!
Quote by cjlane
Hey UG. To any guitarists out there that use the guitar method books, do you have a personal favourite? I'm trying to find out so i can decide which one to choose, keeping in mind i am a beginner and i want one that covers all the beginner stuff goes into lots of musical theory and very little tablature at most. Thanks guys!

Skynyrd didn't read that part...
But following that principle, I shouldn't be posting anything either, I just use this site and youtube.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.