I'm just noticing this. I feel like I'm able to play a bit better if I can hear myself a lot more clearly. Or maybe I'm not playing better but I think I am lol. But it feels like I'm less sloppy at higher volume.

Anyone else feel this way?
Well you can hear the notes and tones better when everythings louder and more clearly.

Also if you can 'feel' the music (with the bass and stuff) you tend to get a rush and play better...

I'm sure theres some theories or what have you about it but...
i dont know bout better but certainly more ''wild, crazy and out of control''says garnier fructis
Yea, but I think its more of the loud music adrenaline boost than anything else.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by punk4punk
i dont know bout better but certainly more ''wild, crazy and out of control''says garnier fructis

+1 lmao
Quote by TGFMusic
Well you can hear the notes and tones better when everythings louder and more clearly.

Also if you can 'feel' the music (with the bass and stuff) you tend to get a rush and play better...

I'm sure theres some theories or what have you about it but...

+1 million...
kinda get a rush when it's real loud...

Quote by punk4punk

it took me so long to figure out what the hell garnier fructis was...lol
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Turn down guitar volume+turn up amp=nice, loud, clean sounding tunes
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
yeah it pumps you up and makes you feel like a rock star...at low volume you're like wtf no matter what i do this sounds lame
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
When the volume is loud, I play with a "f*ck you" attitude. It makes me better.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dance_of_Death
i think it's probably because it's so loud, you can't hear your tiny mistakes that would normaly notice when you practice at lower volumes

atleast that's how it is for me

I agree.
being louder jsut makes u sound like more amazing

and i also agree with the baove post
it makes better tone
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
When the amp is turned up it opens up the sound, All of the sudden the respons from the amp is more acurate with what your hands are doing especially harmonics, sound is psycological as well if it sounds good most likely you'll play good, poor sound poor playing, well thats my experience....I have been playing for 20 years now.
I find the louder it is, sometimes certain harsher frequencies might mute out minor inconsistencies in your playing. I myself think the key to playing better is having a drummer/drumtracks going in the background. I know for me we always had more productive band practices with the drummer there, could get way more stuff done in one session.

volume shouldn't make a difference
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by mcraddict81592
Yea, but I think its more of the loud music adrenaline boost than anything else.

this

sometimes i just turn my amp full blast and jam out Du Hast and it gets so intense, for such an easy riff
I suppose I'm the odd one out then, but I play much, much worse when I'm playing loudly. I do my worst playing on a 50w half stack turned to around 8/10, and I do my best playing on a 15w combo (don't worry, it is all tube) turned to 2.2/10
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes I'll sit next to my amp and I really can feel the music a lot more.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I think its like when you are playing quiet, you have to listen harder for any mistakes that you make. When it's louder you can hear better or something and thus concentrate harder on playing than listening.