I've finally gotten all the cash together and i'm heading to Guitar Center in a week. I was planning on getting a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier half stack but something told me to hold off. I'm a huge fan of the hand wired, sweet sounds of a Mesa Boogie but I have a feeling there could be something else for my style. I'm manly playing hardcore, and more thrashy metal like As I lay dying, As blood Runs black, The Devil Wears Prada, and Bring me the Horizon. I would like a nice clean sounds because I switch from hardcore to funk. My question is what are some other options for my playing style. I'm looking at getting a 4x12 with atleast a 100 watt tube head. I have a budget on $2,000. I've already picked up my Ibanez Rg370dx last week and getting a Jackson DK2M from a buddy for $250.00.
I worked really hard to get my to were I can get this, so please any help would be appreciated.
HXC hardcore dude getting a half stack?

You don't really need more than a dual recti. But you could go for the roadster for more customization to your tone.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
What do you need 100w for?

Regardless I say Hiwatt.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Why at least 100W?

Go used and you could buy some sweet amps:

Splawn Nitro
Bogner Uberschall
Framus Cobra
VHT Sig:X
VHT Ultralead
Mesa Road King
Engl Powerball

All will cover what you want, much better than the Dual Recto, imo.

The guy I sold my Nitro to is selling it for $1550 I believe it is, I can hook you up if you're interested That amp is a beast.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Dec 29, 2008,
Well, I don't want anything bigger than a 100 watt, I was just saying. I'm looking for 100 watts because we're starting to do larger venues and if I ever needed to I could save alitte fore another cab.
If you're doing larger venues, then they would definitely be able to mic you. There's really no point to 100 tube watts. That overkill for anything.

Hiwatt.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I really dislike micing anything really, but I understand. I wasn't planning on cranking up to ten. I was thinking about a Laney and a Hiwatt but I mean can I Really make it sounds tight in drop c?
Quote by enselmis
Says the guy with the mesa price list in his sig lmao

And that has to do with anything how?

TS, if you go used, any of the amps I listed will last you much longer, and sound better than anything you're going to be able to get new in your price range. Not to mention, if you ever need to sell one, you're not going to lose tons of cash.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah man, i'm defiently going used! I can't afford brand new and it's the same thing. Well, I mean I really digged the Mesa Boogie at this little recording studio I was in, but I just have a feeling that there could be something better suited for me.
I agree with Matrixclaw, he knows his stuff man, listen to him.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
boggies are handwired? o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, but hand built and hand wired are two very different things. I can't see how they can build multiple channel amps like rectos and roadkings for that price without using PCBs. i'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that i've seen gut shots which were PCB too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd check out an ENGL Fireball.

Used you can surely get one for $1400. Wattage isn't everything, and this amp can easily do Whitechapel, BMTH, ABR, etc.

Throw in an Avatar 4x12 and you're golden.
My Rig.
Destroyed.. UGH
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81/85, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster
--
1967 Fender Princeton
Boss TU-2 --> Boss MT-2 --> Maxon OD9 -->Boss DD-6
--
Past Gear:
5150 Blockletter, Avatar 412, Vox AC30, ISP Decimator.
I checked that Engl Fireball and I really like it. I'm not too sre about pulling whitechaple though, I actually live where they are from, Knoxville.
The Mesa is great. I was going to get that one but opted to pay the extra cash for the Roadking. If you can afford a new one DO IT!

Nice to have 50, 100 or 120 watt on any channel, all of the extra features are actually worth it plus more.
Take classic all-tube circuits from vintage to modern. The Road King IS what modeling technology wants to be. Not algorithm simulations, rather combinations of the original circuits, using the real tube technology, to create the actual amplifiers models. Oh yea, and the cleans are so good its hard to describe.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 29, 2008,
Peavey 5150/6505 and a tubescreamer of sorts if you want that staple hardcore/metalcore tone.

Also, a used Mesa Mark IV would definitely be worth looking into if you can get your hands on one.
Quote by Khoshabalas
I checked that Engl Fireball and I really like it. I'm not too sre about pulling whitechaple though, I actually live where they are from, Knoxville.

That's straight man, what i mean is that it has tons of gain.

I think they actually use 5150's.
My Rig.
Destroyed.. UGH
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81/85, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster
--
1967 Fender Princeton
Boss TU-2 --> Boss MT-2 --> Maxon OD9 -->Boss DD-6
--
Past Gear:
5150 Blockletter, Avatar 412, Vox AC30, ISP Decimator.
go for splawn quickrod you could easily get one for 140 and probably less too

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.