I am wondering what I should buy or consider buying next to improve my gear.

I like to play metal, rock and punk really. (Haven't really found my style yet but im getting there).

I currently have:
Guitar: Ibanez GRG170DX
Amp: Roland Cube 30X
Effects: Danelectro FAB Metal Pedal

Not in a band as such at the moment so i only need a practice amp if that is what I need.
i wouldnt really improve your rig, id just widen your styles more.

I mean yeh, a different distortion pedal might be a good move, have a look at the boss ones, they're quite cheap and good

I mean, maybe a Korg AX5G, itll give you some new things to mess around with, and give you something to learn, like mixing different effects to further enhance your style.

I'd try and learn some classical music on guitar, or learn easy songs, and improvise upon them.
new amp.
A pedal doesn't sound good if the amp is crap.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by Sumlover41
new amp.

A crap pedal sound good, period. No offense, but the FAB series is horrendous in my ears.

The cube will be good enough, unless you're gigging.
The guitar is fine (I have one!), I'd suggest getting it setup, though, unless you think it's fine.

Just mess with the EQ on the amp, and go through a bunch of stuff... there's not much more than that unless you want a whole renovation.
Quote by Sumlover41
new amp.

the cube 30x is far from crap. if anything that dano pedal is crap, that's about it. maybe look into a 2nd if that's your only one.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Thanks guys.

A crap pedal sound good, period. No offense, but the FAB series is horrendous in my ears

I know what you mean. It was given to me (for free) by a friend who didn't need it anymore. Just thought i'd mention that i have it just incase you needed to know.

The guitar is fine (I have one!), I'd suggest getting it setup, though, unless you think it's fine.

What do you mean setup? Do you mean new pick-ups and the like? sorry. I'm mostly self taught, I am still a beginner in many ways.
Quote by Anthony1991

I mean yeh, a different distortion pedal might be a good move, have a look at the boss ones, they're quite cheap and good

No.
name one?
DS-1?
bad
MT-2?
bad
ML-2?
bad
DS-2?
still pretty bad

and no don't get a new pedal, as stated save up, start to become more certain of your genres (even though it can still be easy to find something versatile) and get a new amp
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Carl21221

What do you mean setup? Do you mean new pick-ups and the like? sorry. I'm mostly self taught, I am still a beginner in many ways.

Truss rod adjustment (keep string height even across fretboard and makes playing easier), tremolo adjustments/additions (makes tremolo useable and helps with tuning issues)...

You don't need to, but if you ever need to, it's probably a good idea. I never got mine setup professionally, but I did some adjustments with the truss rod and tremolo that make it usable.

If you plan on using it for gigging (it's gigworthy, but it's eh...) with a tube amp, get new pickups, the stock ones aren't bad, but there are MUCH better for $20-30/pickup.

Don't get confused by this, it's just some stuff you may want to look into later into your playing career to help make it a bit more enjoyable
If you like how you sound, and wont be gigging ,I agree with getting your guitar professionally set up. It makes a big difference. And if you enjoy how your guitar plays, try switching some stuff out on it. New pickups would be good along with possibly changing the bridge or tuners. Whatever floats your boat.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Where can i get it "professionally" setup? (I'm starting to think this thread should move to the guitar basics section)
local guitar repairs shops
luthiers

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com