Alright so a couple days ago i was sitting playing my bass. I guess I plucked a string too hard or something, cause somehow while I was playing the nut just broke and half of it shot across the room. I kinda think the nut is beyond fixing, so does anyone know how or where i can get a new one? Ive heard that not all nut sizes are the same too, so how do i make sure I get the right size? Thanks for the help.
I don't know what brand you have, but that happened to me too. I e-mailed Silvertone and they actually sent me a replacement one.
Take it to a luthier, they generally have the materials, and they could make you a new one, preferably in actual bone or such.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Sorry, i guess im a noob, but whats a luthier? Is that just like a guitar shop or something?
Quote by football4224
Sorry, i guess im a noob, but whats a luthier? Is that just like a guitar shop or something?

Yeah, you got the basic idea. It's a builder or guitartech. You could probably get it to a local shop and get it done.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by football4224
Alright ill try that. Thanks alot for the help

No problems. They will do it for a small fee, but if you are lucky, they will give you a discount as they are gonna want you to come back later.
Happy customers are returning customers.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!