I've been thinking about building my own pedal board that would let me use both my guitar and my bass in a solo performance role. I need a circuit that lets me record a bass line to my RC-2 using some of the pedals in my chain, and then switch over to a guitar channel and bypass the RC-2 while playing rhythm guitar and singing.

I think I've come up with a circuit that'll work but would appreciate any feedback. I'm planning to get the following components from Loop-Master.com: an ; an ; and three . I might also replace the A/B box with an box so I can output the same signal to both amps.

Here's the circuit. Are there better (or cheaper) ways of doing this?

I want to build a board that looks like this:

"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
It looks really cumbersome for the small amount of pedals he's using. Have a look at the SKB PS-45. I don't know if your budget allows it, but that pedalboard will hold a dozen pedals with room for a volume pedal.

Just make sure you don't play your bass through the guitar amp. It's definitely not good for it.
Quote by Armchair Bronco

I want to build a board that looks like this:

Me too haha looks easy and really organize epecially since i only use 4 pedals

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by KG6_Steven
It looks really cumbersome for the small amount of pedals he's using.

There would actually be many more pedals than this. I've got a DS-1, a BD-2, an EHX DMM and a Small Clone, a dynamic wah, a tuner, and eventually I'll be adding a fuzz, a flanger, a phaser, and a compressor in addition to the RC-2 and an FS-5U footswitch. I'm concentrating on pedals that work well for both guitar and bass.
Quote by wooftang999
you could easily build something to split the signal, that would require less footswitch stomping and less money to be spent

Yeah, this was a bad, bad idea from the get-go.

I'm working on a DIY pedalbard right now, and I just decided to have a single signal path through the board. The last pedal in the chain is my RC-2, and I'll just leave some extra space near the input plug so that I can quickly (and manually) hook up a bass if I need to.

Then, to play back I can either take the signal directly from my DMM (the last effects pedal or my chain) and go into my amp, bypassing the RC-2 if I'm using it playing a bass line, or I can manually connect the DMM to the RC-2 to record and play back guitar parts.

My schematic above was an interesting exercise in "How To" but it's totally unrealistic and would be far too expensive to build. Nuttin' wrong with a little manual cable swapping and such since my only goal is to play a few tunes at an open mic this year.
The bass would get castrated going through that...it'd sound like a downtuned guitar.
Nope, no sig here.