hey guys
go to recap if you dont care

so i got a gmajor and a behringer fcb1010 for christmas
i got it to program my presets, but i dont understand the concept of the four mods.
also, i would like to have my first 5 presets as different channels, and my second five as on and off stompbox type, how do i do that?

ive read both manuals from front to back and the terminology is getting to me =[

thanks alot, listen to my band!

recap:
1.) mods?
2.) how to program board so that switches 6-10 are like stompboxes
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
wow

bump
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
I'm looking into getting one of those footswitches, can you program the type of MIDI data that it is sending out? or do you have to do that on the other end (the gmajor)?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
First off, changing presets on the G Major is done with what are called "Program Change" messages. As a guitarist, the Program Change (PC#) message is the foundation from which you will learn to understand Midi. PC# messages can be transmitted on individual Midi channels (1 through 16) or on all of them simultaneously (usually referred to as "Omni" mode). If you have several different pieces of gear that are all Midi capable, you can transmit a different PC# message on as many channels as is necessary so that everything works together the way you need.

There is another type of message called the "Control Change" (CC# for short, sometimes called "Continuous Controller" depending upon application). This is where you get your stompbox style control (called "Instant Access") and where you can use things like expression pedals. CC# messages have two values associated with them: the first is a number (0-127) that is basically a "channel within a channel" in that you can assign specific functions to specific numbers; the second is the actual value of the CC# (again 0-127) that will affect the function in question.

For example: you have an expression pedal that you you want to control the reverb depth on the G Major. The first thing you need to do is go to your controller and assign the expression pedal to a CC# (lets say CC#47 just for the heck of it). Now when the pedal is all the way down it will be transmitting a value of 127 on CC#47 and when it's all the way up it will be transmitting a value of 0 on CC#47. The next thing you need to do is to make sure that the G Major recognizes this by going into the MOD menu and setting MOD1 to CC#47. At this point you need to make sure that you will be controlling reverb depth so you would then hit "Enter" and then select the appropriate function.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
How awesome. I understand it now. Thanks to you !!!!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010