I just went to my local guitar store and they just got in a mesa dual rectifier solo head. As soon as i started playing i fell in love with it. I believe its 100 watts but heres the question would i be able to play it through a avt50? It may sound stupid but i only have about 1200 dollars which is what the amp head is. Would it work even at low volumes. Please help!

Thanks
BT
If your avt50 is the combo I think it is then yes I believe you can do that.

Not how you think you can however. Only if the avt50 uses speakers and has speaker outs in the back. You simply would stack the mesa head ontop of the avt50 combo and connect the speakers to the correct resistance (ohms) marker on the back of the mesa head.

JUST DO NOT PLUG THE SPEAKER OUT INTO THE INPUT OF THE AVT50!

EDIT: You should buy the head now, sell the avt50 and save up a bit more for an avatar cab.

http://avatarspeakers.com/g112.htm

Even a 1x12 with a mesa head will sound better than an avt50
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
If the Dual Recto is what you want, there's probably a cheaper one that can be found. As far as I know, there's a few 2 channel versions (the older, better versions) for sale on Harmony-Central right now for ~$1000, with new tubes, one even has a flight case if I'm not mistaken.

With the ~$200 you save, you could sell the AVT and buy a decent 2x12 cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yea it is a combo. Also one of the guys at the store says that tube watts and hybrid watts are diffrent is this true? Also this one is 3 channels which is why its alitte more and i like buying through my local store becuase no shipping and its supporting my local guitar shop, but thanks for the info.
Last edited by B_T at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by B_T
Yea it is a combo. Also one of the guys at the store says that tube watts and hybrid watts are diffrent is this true? Also this one is 3 channels which is why its alitte more and i like buying through my local store becuase no shipping and its supporting my local guitar shop, but thanks for the info.

i believe tube amps are much louder than SS, considering you need to get them to break up...

there is a little more into it like how much air you move, etc
the watts are the same. it is how your ear perceives the harmonic differences between the tubes and the transistors.

EDIT: See if you can buy it in a payment plan if you want to support your store. This way while you pay for the amp, you can save up and get a cab for it. Multitasking FTW.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by MatrixClaw
If the Dual Recto is what you want, there's probably a cheaper one that can be found. As far as I know, there's a few 2 channel versions (the older, better versions) for sale on Harmony-Central right now for ~$1000, with new tubes, one even has a flight case if I'm not mistaken.

With the ~$200 you save, you could sell the AVT and buy a decent 2x12 cab.

This is extremely true. If you're looking for a dual recto, you would definitely be doing yourself a favour if you went for one of the older models, both tonally, and financially. They are tighter, clearer, and far more lively sounding amps. They also hold their resale value much better than newer rectos.
Yeah you better hurry and look into harmony-central before I buy that ****ing mesa dual recto before you do lol.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel