So today I went to GC with gift cards in hand in the hope of getting a dist. pedal so I don't have t crank my amp quite so loud to achieve glorious distortion.

I went straight to the side desk and said I wanted a dist. pedal, I was pointed to the Boss tower thing and tried out a mega distortion, overdrive/distortion, super overdrive and a flanger( just for funsies). I wasn't at all impressed, the OD/Dist. was by far my favorite but it still just seemed too digital and weak. So I asked if they had any MXR distortion pedals but they didn't so I snagged a Big Muff, sadly it was WAY too fuzzy and I didn't like the added sustain. So I went up again this time being suggested a Hardwire Valve Distortion.

I was hesitant, I haven't heard good things about digitech, so I sat down in front of a wicked nice fender Deville, plugged in and was pleasantly surprised. It sounded good I messed with the features a bit and got some really nice sounds out of it. I then cranked the gain back to 2 and put the level at max and found it worked as a pretty good boost, the EQ was sensative and actually effected the tone. I bought it and a mogami cable and left very satisfied.

Has anyone else tried this pedal and liked it? From the 10 mins. I spent with it I thought it was really nice and it even did some blues pretty good on my crate v18 at home. I'll write a review in a week or so when I've played with it more.
I have the Hardwire OverDrive and I love it. I too went to GC looking to get a distortion pedal, but after trying quite a few pedals, I left with this. It is actually my favorite pedal I have.

I believe someone from this site mentioned in a post that the pedal was made by someone else, but Digitech bought the rights to it...(or something like that). Long story short, I would not hesitate to purchase another Hardwire pedal.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
Quote by Hoggle

I believe someone from this site mentioned in a post that the pedal was made by someone else, but Digitech bought the rights to it...(or something like that). Long story short, I would not hesitate to purchase another Hardwire pedal.

That would make sense since I haven't heard good hings about the non-hardwire digitech pedals.
I went to the local GC and tried out the CM-2 and SC-2 about a week ago. While I thought the CM-2 was fantastic and probably a better value than the Bad Monkey, I was a bit disappointed by the SC-2. The distortion did have a lot of gain available, but I could never get it to have the same kind of intensity as the overdrive. I think that's because I couldn't get the volume settings to be good on both pedals at once. No matter what settings I used, I couldn't get the distortion to be loud enough. It's a shame because I really wanted to like both the pedals, and I really like the CM-2.
^hell i tought it was fantastic and a better deal than a TS9 let alone a bad monkey.
how does the valve distortion sound on a crate v18? can you hit pinch harmonics and play metal and stuff with it?