Hello Ultimate Guitar! I have a quick question that I have been wondering about for a while.

What does "alnico classic humbucker" mean? On the epiphone website, it says that the G-400 faded has it, and the Les Paul custom also has it. Does it mean that the a $300 guitar has the same pickups as a $700 one?

Btw this is my first thread
I believe that most Epiphones have the same stock pick-ups, which should be replaced at one time at another.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I believe that most Epiphones have the same stock pick-ups, which should be replaced at one time at another.

+1

Also, "alnico" refers simply to the type of magnet used in the pickup
When they say it's a 'Classic', it is a copy of the Gibson '57 Classic pickup. Some Epiphone guitars are fitted with what they call an 'Alnico Classic Plus' in the bridge, which is a copy of a Gibson '57 Classic Plus pickup.

These pickups are made in the same way with the same type of materials as the Gibson versions, but obviously they use a cheaper from of those materials, and they're made in China rather than wound in America like the Gibson ones.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and the stock pickups were fairly muddy so there not very nice pickups.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT