My buddy bought a tascam dp-02 8 track. It came with a 1gb compact flash card, but we need to upgrade because it is constantly giving us trouble with space. I found some compact flash cards on newegg.com, and found this one particularly interesting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211244 . What I'm worried about is the low price. Most 32gb cards are a lot more expensive, so I'm not sure what to expect from this card. The reviews are quite varied, and none of them have to do with 8 tracks, so I'm hoping you all can help. The one thing people mention is the slow write speed, and I'm wondering how this will effect our recordings.
Thanks for your help!
Steve
just look at the opinions of the people on the page that have already bought it
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I've got a DP-02CF (which is the one that uses flash cards) and when we record, we just have one song on there, and put everything else (unused tracks etc.) on the computer, because you can always just transfer them back to the unit when you need them.

That's the cheap way to do it, which is why I'm championing it... but I have no idea where to start with a new card... sorry
I'm pretty sure these things have a max capacity of 1gb cards, at least that's how every one of the Boss 4/8 tracks work. I'd find out before you waste £30 on flash card you can't use