Dave was always trying to be Mr. Technical so I'd say Megadeth.

EDIT: That's not even taking solos into account. Pretty much all of Megadeth's lead guitarists have been shred-wankers, so definately Megadeth, by far.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Dec 29, 2008,
Megadeth no contest, friedman's solos are far more difficult than anything i've ever seen in a metallica song.
Who cares? Songwriting is what matters more.

I say they are about tied. But for just sheer ability, Megadeth blows Metallica away.
In terms of guitar tone and bass heaviness, Metallica, no question, Rust In Peace sounds TINY compared to the Black Album. Good God the first WINGER record sounds INCREDIBLY heavy for a glam metal record and has a definitely heavier bass and guitar sound than any Megadeth record.

In terms of song writing and the "heavy" FEEL, I think Megadeth win this one. The riff to Symphony Of Destruction, the riff to Peace Sells, Wake Up Dead, In My Darkest Hour, holy ****....I can sit here naming them all day. If they had a heavier guitar tone, holy ****, most head-bangable riffs ever
Quote by metal Lover
Junior is a better, more creative bass player than ANY Metallica bass player.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......the peace sells intro sounds like an old school R&B song.

Have u heard Pulling Teeth? Orion? Ktulu? Cliff owns all of those. Those are just the instrumentals. Bellz is Sick too. honestly megadeth would be nothing w/out tallica
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Do people seriously enjoy (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth? Yikes.

+1

Listening to it is about as enjoyable as getting my teeth pulled. lololol
Quote by mr gOiD
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......the peace sells intro sounds like an old school R&B song.

Have u heard Pulling Teeth? Orion? Ktulu? Cliff owns all of those. Those are just the instrumentals. Bellz is Sick too. honestly megadeth would be nothing w/out tallica

1. Pulling Teeth is shit.
2. Orion has one bass riff that isn't even that creative.
3. Ktulu has nothing to do with Cliff. That would be Mustaine's song.
4. "Bellz" has a very overrated chromatic bass line.

Ellefson's bass solos were highlights of many Megadeth songs, and he didn't showboat his overrated skills for 10 minutes at every Megadeth show.
Megadeth, usually faster.. and better
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Cliff is like the Dimebag of bass players

He wasn't too creative, there are better ones out there, such as Ellefson, and Cliff's tone was complete ****e.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
Cliff is like the Dimebag of bass players

He wasn't too creative, there are better ones out there, such as Ellefson, and Cliff's tone was complete ****e.

And they both got pwned in the end.
Quote by metal Lover

3. Ktulu has nothing to do with Cliff. That would be Mustaine's song.

Last time I checked, Mustaine was (rightfully) credited because of the chord progression, not the bass solo.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
Well, Cliff was overrated as a player, but he obviously had a HUGE influence in the band, as everybody knows what happened to Metallica after his death.
Quote by metal Lover
And they both got pwned in the end.

Tasteless. But not as bad as Mustaine's attempt at Cemetery Gates.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
mustaine plays some pretty hardcore riffs to sing over
alot more complicated than mr hetfield altho dave sounds like a
goose being choked to death when he sings haha
but its still good
Quote by Annihilator666
I don't know about you, but on the rare occasion I do listen to Megadeth or Metallica, I don't listen to them to hear how hard their guitar playing is. If I want to hear that sort of thing, I put on something like Origin.

+100000

Same, although I barely even listen to them anymore, their riffs are both heavy, yet catchy as hell (Poison was the Cure gets stuck in my head weekly), and when I do listen to them, I know almost every word, riff, hell, even drum beat, as if I heard them each a billion times.

Megadeth is less accessible than Metallica, more of an acquired taste.
Quote by metal Lover

DING! Person is correct.

Although I prefer Trujillo over him, since I'm a sucker for slap bass.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
DING! Person is correct.

Although I prefer Trujillo over him, since I'm a sucker for slap bass.

He was better in Suicidal Tendencies.
Quote by metal Lover
He was better in Suicidal Tendencies.

he was 'lovely' in ST

id say megadeth is technically better
Quote by metal Lover

sorry but no.... There are few metal bassists that can groove like Rob (see infectious grooves).

buuut yea I'd tend towards Megadeth for the heavy feel.
I am me. Live with it.
not just solos: in terms of riffs Megadeth take the technicality way further than metallica.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]