Ive been playing for about a year and like 3 months now and im trying to figure out where to go with my playing
heres what I can do.
I can sheet read music
I can Improv pretty good
I know the pentatonic everywhere
Im know my whole tone, half tone, and diminished scales
I know the modes and there memorized
pinch harmonics, tapped harmonics and other stuff
I have eruption really close to eddys
Chord progressions and I think I have there structure down also
I know a lot of chords also
I know all the notes on the fret board it just it might take me a couple seconds to think of it...( I should probably memorize the whole thing and not the just the fret markers)
I practice about 4 hours a day also
Is this advanced for my time playing? and where do I go from here?
I'm in about the same spot as you. I'm about a year in. You know what I learned from jamming with some locals? I need to learn advanced techniques. Sweep picking, pinch harmonics, REALLY and TRUELY learning to bend functionally, things like that.

If that bores you, write music. Thats the beauty of music: theres more than you could possibly master in a life time.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
check out the advanced techniques forum, loads of stuff to work on
tapping with all 8 fingers, sweeping, basically anything for mass amounts of shred
this + this will keep you occupied for a long long time
this is what i'm currently doin'
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Dec 29, 2008,
i got the whole bend vibrato and basic vibrato down and also the harmonic stuff down well but im a novice in sweeping I just dont play stuff that needs it but ill look into it thanks man
make sure your bending is in tune. i hear a lot of out of tune bend when they arent meant to be. make a vid or recording of yourself so we can see/hear you and critique.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Learn finger picking and if you havent yet, learn jazz.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
ive started some classical and spent my summer taking those horrible jazz lessons for school
Just keep playing watching and learning. Guitar is not something learned/masterd in "x" amount of time.