I need to buy a distortion pedal, I played on a a few but I got it down to these two. I know nothing about pedals so I need you guys to help me out.

(And yes, I did use the search bar)
i'd go with the metal zone.

i mean how much metal do you need, really?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i can tell you that the metal zone only sounds good as a booster, i haven't tried the metalcore though
meh meh meh
I don't really like either, but the metal zone is better
i just got the metal zone about a week ago and havent looked back
Born in the USA
either one. metal is metal!!! crank it all up and make your ears bleed!!!
R.I.P DIMEBAG.
I have both the metal core and the metal zone it would depend on what kind of tones you want

The metal zone is great for getting tones from bands like Metallica , Slayer, Pantera, etc

The metal core is great for getting tones from bands like Testament, Devildriver, All That Remains, etc

I personally like the the metal core but thats just me choose the one that you think sounds best
I thought you were talking about genres and I was gonna be like "They both suck."

Metal Zone.
I think both of those pedals are useless, I've used them and a array of other expensive ones, if you really want a GOOD metal pedal go get an Electro Harmonix, Hot Tubes. it was insane, problem is its like 200$ CD
make the wise choice and get a metal muff
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
EHX Metal muff or SD Twin tube Mayhem (if you have the funds, of course).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Have you tried the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff?

It's better than either of those.

But if you're hell bent on one of those too, the Metal Zone gets my vote.
Quote by fastlanestoner
i'd go with the metal zone.

i mean how much metal do you need, really?

I need a lot. I mean a LOT of gain.

Anyway, I'd go for a ML-2 over a MT-2. The ML-2 crushes the MT-2.MT-2 is is just a little box of angry bees.

Btw, what amp are you using?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I need a lot. I mean a LOT of gain.

Anyway, I'd go for a ML-2 over a MT-2. The ML-2 crushes the MT-2.MT-2 is is just a little box of angry bees.

Btw, what amp are you using?

I got me a Roland 30X. Its got decent distortion every once in a while. Every other day, it sounds like its underwater.
In that price range, I'd check out the Satchurator which I think is a much better pedal then both of those.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Sorry, new amp.
Try a Vypyr 30.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Idk, if you have an amp with good distortion already then you won't need either. Get the Metal Zone. I have the Metalcore and it might just be me but everytime the volume is too high I get a ridiculous amount of feedback.
Quote by Gmurcielago14
I got me a Roland 30X. Its got decent distortion every once in a while. Every other day, it sounds like its underwater.

nice amp i have the same amp AND have the metalzone, the metal zone is the best distortion pedal iv played it still sounds awsome through the amp. but the metal core is just as it sounds, its perfect for metal-CORE, you can get good real metal sounds out of it for sure, but iv played both for the main metal-genres (thrash, heavy, death, melodic death, doom, etc.) id take the zone over core but id say play btoh, they can get same same sounds as each other pretty much, just play both and pick what one you want
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss