Hey I was just wondering how guitarists make that kinda "glassy" sound like in the solos in Last Child by Aerosmith or many Slash solos.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
try to mix those three togheter and see what happens ^^

a clean tone, with wah pedal and a slide!
I don't really think its a wah pedal. It kinda sounds like they're using a glass pick or something lol
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Some more specific examples of what you mean would be helpful.

Though for what it's worth there is nothing in Last Child nor any solo by Slash that I would describe as 'glassy'. Tones usually described as 'glassy' are slightly overdriven single coil tones, something Slash never uses and which to the best of my knowledge isn't used in Last Child either.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
As usual, Flibble is right. I don't consider Slash glassy though, that's more of(to my ears) Carlos Santana or, like Flibble said, slightly overdriven single-coils.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I actually have the issue of Guitar Magazine where they covered Aerosmith's pedals.

The pedal used is the the Boss OD-3. That's the only one.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual, Flibble is right. I don't consider Slash glassy though, that's more of(to my ears) Carlos Santana or, like Flibble said, slightly overdriven single-coils.

yeah i've heard Santana's tone described as glassy, but i thought he used PRS guitars with humbuckers
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
Quote by zacky gates
yeah i've heard Santana's tone described as glassy, but i thought he used PRS guitars with humbuckers

He used to use Strats, among other guitars. Like an SG with P-90's.

EDIT: Also, PRS humbuckers have a fairly unique sound, anyway.
Last edited by Delanoir at Dec 29, 2008,
how bout some youtube vids of the sound you want?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I was using my uncles Digitech Cross Roads pedal. Eric Clapton sig. There were a couple pretty sweet sounding presets that had a glassy type of sounds. Very fun pedal.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Marshall tube amps give that "glassey" tone. Its the EL34 tubes used. Fenders mostly used 6l6 and 6v6 and give a warmer tone.