Should I get a Raven RG60 combo amp? I play blues classic rock, rock, alternative, and Metal (only Metallica). I'm an intermediate player. I have a standard Fender HSS Stratocaster. I practice and I'm about to have my first band practice. (jamming not really playing in clubs until we get good ) What kind of amps should I buy?
Last edited by Rockgod37 at Dec 29, 2008,
no, you can get much better amps for the price. ravens are super low quality.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
dont buy it, it sucks dick
get a vypyr or something
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
their "ok" just ok. ive played the 30 watt version.
but you can really get some better things for 200 bucks.

if you want a solid state, you can pick up a peavey vypyr 30 for 200
however i recommend saving a bit and picking up maybe a crate V33
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Dec 29, 2008,
As everyone else has said, get a vypyr. They are MUCH higher quality than the ravens and will give you much more versatility. plus, they actually sound pretty awesome
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Ravens are just another version of MG, spider, flexwave, frontman etc. If they only sold em as 10-15 watt practice amps be ok, but they try to pass em off as giggable amps.