Okay i realized the only reason my invader sounded clearer was because i was playing along with megadeth.
So i need a bridge pickup for thrash metal, plus whatever genre children of bodom is.
It also needs to be good for drop tunings as drop down quite a bit.
I was thinking the X2N, but i heard that they too are kind of muddy, input on that?
Anyone who replies gets a cookie.

EDIT: and i'd prefer passive..
Last edited by stratdud39 at Dec 29, 2008,
I don't understand the need for new pickups for this
you probably need different effects/distortion and you'll get the sound you want
Quote by D&DLover
I don't understand the need for new pickups for this
you probably need different effects/distortion and you'll get the sound you want

no honestly the sound is fine except for the muddiness
i've played my little bros epi les paul on it and it sounds great.
try a JB in the bridge..they work fone and don't muddy out unless you set your effects loop to make it that way.
JB will work, EMG 81 will cut through the mix like a depressed emo kid (run it in 18v though)

Edit:

Also check out DiMarzio Evo's
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Dec 29, 2008,
I put a DiMarzio Super 2 in my Ibanez RG and it's been great. It has lots of high end and it's very refined and sort of mellow sounding, but still heavy. It's best to use with lots of mids to bring everything out nice and strong instead of being a bit too brittle.
We're only strays.
If you want clarity pups using Alnico V magnets will be clearer I tend to notice. I'm using a JB now but I used to have a Super distortion in my bridge. JB is definately more clear and defined but with alittle less output. Also what amp are you using?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
If you want clarity pups using Alnico V magnets will be clearer I tend to notice. I'm using a JB now but I used to have a Super distortion in my bridge. JB is definately more clear and defined but with alittle less output. Also what amp are you using?

There are too many other changed factors in there for you to make that conclusion mate. The pickups probably have completely different winds/output/offset/magnetic "footprint"/polepieces, so it's very hard to attribute the increase in clarity to the change in type of magnet.
FWIW I've found that in higher output pickups, ceramic magnets offer better clarity.
Quote by Slanderous666

Yeah I want to try a JB under good conditions.

I don't think it's necessary to use Alnico V magnets to get clarity. I'd go for a lower output ceramic humbucker. If you're playing overdriven, heavy stuff, the real clarity is going to be coming from your amp, EQ settings, and most of all your playing. You don't want to be losing any pick up characteristics like the edge of a ceramic magnet. I mean unless there's a specific sound you're going for that doesn't involve that particular kind of thing.
We're only strays.
Dimarzio Drop Sonic.

Very Clear, defined and will get heavy as hell.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus