Yeah, the guitarist from the Black Crowes. But he had his earlier project, Burning Tree, and his latest release which is The Neptune Blues Club that I had just picked up the other day. It is amazing and I thought with the Classic Rock forum having a hold of a Black Crowes thread, we should have a Marc Ford thread.

So everyone, what's everyone's favorite song or album (Black Crowes catalog included)?
I have to give his solo albums a listen, I love his tone. Seriously love it.

I like sometimes salvation that solo's great, also seeing him with Ben Harper was something special
Quote by pak1351
I have to give his solo albums a listen, I love his tone. Seriously love it.

I like sometimes salvation that solo's great, also seeing him with Ben Harper was something special

Yeah, his tone is amazing. A bit of twang from the P-90's/Tele's he uses every now and then and that fuzz he uses as well.

The opening track to The Neptune Blues Club is pretty cool. A nice wah riff.

Edit: Song is "Main Drain."
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Dec 29, 2008,
Freedom Fighter is pretty badass, although spaceman is probably my favorite from that album.

Wah, fuzz, harp, and slide. What more can you ask for?
I have one Black Crowes album, and Ben Harpers live at the apollo, that is pretty much all of his work that I have

I'm currently dl'ing "the neptune blues club"
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Woah, had no idea this thread was here.
I love his guitar work on Amorica more than anything else. I need to listen to some Blue Floyd though...
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Iceman 420

Edit: Song is "Main Drain."
Possibly my favorite recorded fuzz tone ever.

I don't even know where to begin with Marc. He was without any question the best guitarist The Crowes have ever had, helping to solidify The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion as one of the best rock guitar albums of all time (in my opinion), and elevate the Black Crowes to a level they'll never be able to recreate, neither live nor in the studio. As much as I love the Black Crowes where they are now, they don't hold a candle to the Ford years, whether it was '92-'97 or '05-'06. In my eyes, Marc Ford is god, not Clapton
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Ben Harper said something to the effect of, "You can put any guitar in Marc Ford's hands, and run it through any amp, and it'll sound like the greatest thing you've ever heard". Helluva compliment there, and I wouldn't argue. I kinda freak out when I hear "Idle TIme".

Have you guys checked out Ryan Bingham? Ford produced both of his albums, and plays all over them. His son, Elijah, is now a full-time member of Ryan's band The Dead Horses. I just love slide-drenched country rock.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
I "acquired" Fuzz Machine, his latest project, although it was recorded in 07 i think. Its an amazing cd, His tone is orgasmic. Him and Rich Robinson are my two favorite guitarist, well you cant forget Slash and Duane Allman.

But yeah, his tone, his feeling is amazing. I could listen to him play one single note for 2 hours, over seeing Justin Beiber in concert for 2 minutes.