the scary thing is, i posted something almost exactly like this a few hours ago. never got a definitive answer on the single coil though. but if you're happy with it, keep it. if not, swap it out.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Idk not, really into distorted metal tones with single coils, but I can think that my dad has a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in every strat hes owned for a reason...Though that lace sensor you were talking about does have way cleaner tones, The hotrail can be exactly what youre looking for if you set the depth correctly...hope that helps both of you...
dude, i just looked at your guitar, and honestly for you Id say you should look at replacing your humbucking pickups, and you could get better cleans on the neck pup and way higher output on bridge, I recommend the Seymour Duncan SH-2, Jeff Beck pups. Or the '59 and Beck. Both super great for real cheap. And I think that may help you a bunch.
I was planing on putting a EMG 85 in the bridge. Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to get the Duncan.
If you put an EMG in the bridge, you need all active pickups.
You cant mix actives and passives without a lot of work.
A Dimarzio would go well in the bridge.
Dimarizio sucks ****...not really but there arent many posts here...so maybe someone can argue with me over Seymour Duncan completely pwning most other modern pups
If you are going EMGs the EMG-S would be the hotter of their singal coils.
If you go passive, the SD Hotrails, or the DiMarizo Pro Track or Chopper.

DiMarzios don't suck, they are just not for everyone. DiMarzio have a harder edge over the SD pickups.
Quote by Devdude25
Dimarizio sucks ****...not really but there arent many posts here...so maybe someone can argue with me over Seymour Duncan completely pwning most other modern pups

I use a DiMarzio D Activator X in my Edwards and it rips the face off of most SD tones I've heard (aside from a few bands who use them like Exodus and Nightwish, but they have bitchin amps too).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores