Page 1 of 3
http://change.gov/page/content/openforquestions20081229/

# Register or login on the site (instant - no email verification required)
# Do a search for questions with "prohibitionist"
# And then click the check mark to vote for the following question:

Quote:
"Why won't you support the federal legalization of marijuana, which would increase tax revenue, reduce social harm, and create new jobs by regulating an industry that already exists in the US, even amidst our current prohibitionist policy?"

Also, vote up any other "legalization" questions.
Epiphone G-400 Cherry Red
Vox Ad50VT
You do know that if something is legalised in America, it doesn't automatically become legal in Ireland too ...
You expect stoners to take the time and effort to register
And why do you need it to be legal here if you're in Ireland ?
Why would anyone want to legalize marijuana......freaking drug addicts
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
Quote by DeadDerykk88

Quote by blue_strat
You do know that if something is legalised in America, it doesn't automatically become legal in Ireland too ...

but it will help a lot... at least it works that way here in argentina
Weed is different than the super skunk or chronic or whatever you want to call it. That laid back 60's vibe no longer exists.
Friends I have who smoke it smoke it very regularly to the point of near crack-headom. you should see them without a rizla.
Eh, what happens in America wont affect me lol, but it would definetly give a new perspective to other countries, bookmarked will do it later
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I bet this doesnt happen
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Holy.
Weed would then cost shloads of money...

and get filters put on joints like cigarettes. *shivers*
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
grasscity forums did something similar. great idea i think. its too bad I'd have to register
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by Holy.
Weed would then cost shloads of money...

It would be so much cheaper if you had entire farms growing it
Quote by DeadDerykk88

Agreed.

...Unless you were being sarcastic...
Quote by ewp805

Couldn't you just cut them off?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by DeadDerykk88

It's, in a way, a good idea. Make revenue and get workers.
NOPE.
Goddamn open your minds! Do you even know how marijuana effects people? And if you do, I applaud you, but do tell, why are you against it? I myself have smoked, didn't like. But, many people are thrown into jail just for weed, and it's a petty crime. With minor drugs like weed out of the way, it will allow for police to actually enforce stronger drugs that do need enforcement.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
lmao i just had to do a persuasive essay in language arts a few weeks ago and i chose legalizing weed as my subject. 100% A+
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Last edited by jimivancobain at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat

Actually, the U.S. government puts a lot of pressure on foreign governments to create and enforce drug laws. So if marijuana was legalized here, it might actually help it become legalized elsewhere.

Not that marijuana is going to be legalized anytime soon...
moot point.
He has already said that he has no intention of legalizing it. A petition will not change that.
Quote by ewp805

Im certain they would make licenses for homegrowing.
I read something about it a few days ago.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Yea, thats the first thing an incoming president is going to do, outrage all the close minded fools and get absolutely no support for the rest of his term.

Great plan.

on another note, legalize it!
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by antianti99
It would be so much cheaper if you had entire farms growing it

Nope, the government would instantly put taxes on it (like tabacco and alcohol).
Quote by blue_strat

Well Goverments might cop on to the idea. Hey , a man can dream.

And If i lived in america I'd Love if everyone voted yes to the idea.
Helping = good.
Epiphone G-400 Cherry Red
Vox Ad50VT
Quote by eclipse2411
Well Goverments might cop on to the idea. Hey , a man can dream.

And If i lived in america I'd Love if everyone voted yes to the idea.
Helping = good.

Therein lies the problem. We don't vote on these issues on a federal level... just state. Unfortunately the federal government trumps the state. Which is why the feds keep raiding growing coops in California.

Until the federal government changes the law the state laws don't mean much.
Quote by Da Squiz
Goddamn open your minds! Do you even know how marijuana effects people? And if you do, I applaud you, but do tell, why are you against it? I myself have smoked, didn't like. But, many people are thrown into jail just for weed, and it's a petty crime. With minor drugs like weed out of the way, it will allow for police to actually enforce stronger drugs that do need enforcement.

Agreedddd.

I have smoked a few times and didn't enjoy it all that much... but to be illegal is ridiculous.
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Besides, there's still going to be home growers and dealers, just like there are now. Government wont mean much, because it's illegal now and it's still being sold.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Not many people know this, but before it was made illegal, marijuana was the number one economic plant on the face of the earth. If legalized and regulated, it would generate over 70 billion dollars a year for the US alone.

How many hospitals would that build? How many schools? Hell, with that kinda cash we could make world hunger a thing of the past

Unfortunately, it will never be legalized. The pharmaceutical and prison industries depend on its criminalization far too much and their lobbyists control congress. We will never see the day
Even if it is legalized, it wont affect a lot of people who smoke anyway. If it is legalized its going to be like cigarettes and alcohal and have an age restriction, which would probably be 18 or 21. It isnt hard at all to get with it being illegal, id rather it stay how it is
Hey, what the hell?!?!?

This has already been done once in the Drug Thread and we voted it up to question no. 1!

I think they made a new list of questions just to avoid the topic...

And BTW, weed will probably never be legalized by a Republican or a Democrat. They're both too focused on votes and popularity. They don't care about justice.

Unless we have a Libertarian or Green Senate, weed won't be legal.

And I'm pro-legalization, BTW. If anyone is anti-legalization or doesn't have a stance, PM me about it and I'll send you a video that explains the whole situation.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I do not use drugs, and I think it should be legalized. Frankly, it is stupid not to think so.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by enalsisiht
Even if it is legalized, it wont affect a lot of people who smoke anyway. If it is legalized its going to be like cigarettes and alcohal and have an age restriction, which would probably be 18 or 21. It isnt hard at all to get with it being illegal, id rather it stay how it is

This.
Quote by creeping.death!
This.

True, availability would go down for underage smokers, but think of the lives that are ruined by the prohibition right now.

Legalization would strengthen our economy exponentially and release many nonviolent offenders from prison. I'd give up my personal convenience for that.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 3