Page 1 of 4
I've noticed a lot of people on here are constantly saying the south is full of rednecks and all this kinda stuff, if thats true why are so many yankees moving down here? the area I live in has been over run with Yankees, but from reading on here no one from up north wants to live down here so why does the Pit hate rednecks?
I'm from the south, but I'm not a Redneck..trust me. But I know people who are.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by therealtater
I've noticed a lot of people on here are constantly saying the south is full of rednecks and all this kinda stuff, if thats true why are so many yankees moving down here? the area I live in has been over run with Yankees, but from reading on here no one from up north wants to live down here so why does the Pit hate rednecks?

I don't think it's just the Pit that hates rednecks.
Stereotypes.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
They **** pigs and men and make Jon Voight watch (Deliverance reference). Watch that movie and you'll find out why no one likes rednecks/hillbillies.
Because there ARE alot of rednecks down here. I mean, l-

Wait a sec.

*looks at post*
*looks at user title*
*looks at post*

Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by DirtyMakik
Stereotypes.

This. And I hate them. Most people from the south aren't rednecks, but every one else doesn't realize that. And not all Americans are stupid, but people from the UK don't seem to get that either.

Why don't you go start a civil war over it.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by 2 15/16
I need advice on how to deal with my cousin. He's 10 years old and absolutely OBSESSED with Ted Nugent. He idolizes the ground the guy walks on. Whenever I pick my guitar up around him he always asks me to play "Fred Bear" which is his favorite song (and only Nugent song I think he knows). This has been going on for years and it's kinda disturbing. He also has an obsession with guns and hunting, which also worries me. He has more toy guns than any kid I know and it's like all he talks about. So Pit I ask you, how do I snap him out of it?

Also, incest and obesity.
well it does say UG's redneck under his name.....

I'm from Texas and I've never seen a stereotypical redneck..... I don't think they exist.
Quote by Tire Me.
Also, incest and obesity.

Wrong thread?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

you know you are a redneck if you come from a rural area and behave as such
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by therealtater
because rednecks started the civil war

do you want a history lesson on the civil war? I think I could give it to you

Missed the point?

I think this man did.

Quote by Tire Me.
There's an incest and obesity thread?!?

You quoted the original post of another thread.
Quote by red18420

I dislike the ones that fit the stereotype.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by lzcougarz3
They voted for Bush.

in the 2004 election, more people voted for bush than have ever voted for any other president. alot more than just rednecks voted for bush, you idiot.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by therealtater
because rednecks started the civil war

do you want a history lesson on the civil war? I think I could give it to you

c'mon guys, it's known as the "war of northern aggression"
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by lzcougarz3
They voted for Bush.

Along with 50.7% of other Americans in 2004. I'm pretty sure that there's atleast one redneck who didn't vote for Bush.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
c'mon guys, it's known as the "war of northern aggression"

We all need to be friends and no sterotypes (pulls out banjo and starts playing dixie)
Quote by dethead666
North voted Obama we all make dumb decisions.

Don't worry he's from texas.

Just messing fella.

On topic though, there are tons of rednecks up in Tennessee, and yes they do all of the sterotypical redneck stuff, watch nascar, **** pigs, but they can be all right.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Being a redneck is a state of mind... I've found them all over the globe.
That said... I have found people in the southern states of the US to be extremely accommodating and pleasant.

I've lived in South Carolina for a few years and loved it.

It's all a stereotype.
Quote by soundgarden19
Don't worry he's from texas.

Just messing fella.

On topic though, there are tons of rednecks up in Tennessee, and yes they do all of the sterotypical redneck stuff, watch nascar, **** pigs, but they can be all right.

where did the pigs come in? ive never that one...
I'm from the Southern US and I display none of the stereotypes displayed in the media.

I can has non-conformist points nao?

And most "rednecks" are actually extremely nice people.
Quote by Jericho114
Missed the point?

I think this man did.

You quoted the original post of another thread.

Yes. And did you see the parts I bolded? They were Southern Stereotypes.
Quote by chea_man
in the 2004 election, more people voted for bush than have ever voted for any other president. alot more than just rednecks voted for bush, you idiot.

My point exactly. Its become hip to bush bash, so people make stupid claims w/o any knowledge themselves, they're basing their claims off of what they've heard from others/the media/celebrities and the like.
Quote by Tire Me.
Yes. And did you see the parts I bolded? They were Southern Stereotypes.

Ahhh, I wasn't sure. That's why I asked.
Quote by red18420

im from ga. and there are a sh*t ton of them down here and i hate it more than any thing. especially the kids that try to be rednecks just to fit in. the rednecks ruin where im from and it pisses me off there are even black kids trying to be rednecks.
Quote by therealtater
where did the pigs come in? ive never that one...

I've never that one what?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Well, I'm from Texas and I can say right now that there are twice as many Mexican immigrants as "rednecks" here. I didn't vote for Bush, I don't have cows in my backyard, I don't race tractors (well, OK, sometimes...) My point is that most people generalize the south without even knwoing about it.

It's just hotter in the South than the North. That's all.
I'm a redneck born and raised in Pa. I now live in Mi. Mi. has become 38% more redneck since I moved here. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Quit worrying about the stupidity you read in the Pit. It will drive you nuts. Embrace it and throw it back.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 4