View poll results: which one
jackson dk2t dinky pro
7 54%
jackson dkmgt dinky
4 31%
other ESP/LTD 200 series
2 15%
Voters: 13.
i was gonna buy a new guitar and i thought the jackson dk2t was a decent model to buy. i mostly play heavy metal. the dkmgt is also good too. its the same thing except it has active emg 81/85 the dk2t has passive seymour duncan tb/ jazz. which one should i get and did i make a good choice getting a jackson for heavy metal? i was thinking about going ESP but i couldnt afford an ltd 400 and i heard anything below it is garbage.
What amp will it be running through?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Okay, a few weeks ago I checked out 2 music shops and I asked about Jacksons. Both guys said they were crap and that they weren't worth it. Then, the other day, I went to another shop and tried out an LTD MH-250 and I loved it. I was looking at the MH-400 at one of the first shops and thought it was sweet. But, the MH-250 is not bad at all, way better than the Jacksons in my opinion.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Either of the Jacksons. DK = Great metal, great versatility. MG = Better metal, no versatility. Play both, then decide. The ESPs 200 series won't even come close to the Jacksons.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by awesomeness
Okay, a few weeks ago I checked out 2 music shops and I asked about Jacksons. Both guys said they were crap and that they weren't worth it. Then, the other day, I went to another shop and tried out an LTD MH-250 and I loved it. I was looking at the MH-400 at one of the first shops and thought it was sweet. But, the MH-250 is not bad at all, way better than the Jacksons in my opinion.

Have you ever tried a Jackson ? I don't think so...
Current Gear:
Jackson DK2L
Cort X-2 LH
Bandit 112 80w
Did the shops that said jackson were crap sell jackson? You didn't mention that you tried them, so I assuming that they don't sell them. So it kind of makes sense that someone who wants to sell you something is going to say that a brand they don't carry sucks.

To the t/s- the jackson dkmgt is like 669.00 at musicians friend and the esps are 699.00-799.00. That is not much of a price difference. If you really want the ESP, just save a little more. There is no need to settle for one of the 200 series.
Yes, I've tried the ****ing Jackson. Why would I post here if i didn't?
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
hey these jackson have actual pickups in them. the dk2t has seymour duncans and the dkmg has emg 81/85. that esp mh 250 has those fake esp designed pickups so obviously the jacksons are better. i think im sticking with jackson cause i heard that the paint on esp necks slow u down too much and the jackson necks are faster.
running it thru line 6 spider 3 BTW. i know there are better amps out there but i just want something that i can pratice with, with somee built in fx so i dont have to buy any pedals.
Quote by awesomeness

FYI... that is probably because they make more per sale on ESP. I can say with a fair degree of certainly based on interactions with various dealers Jacksons have lower profit margins than other guitars sold, hence why some shops don't push them as hard. Most guitars over $500 or so are fine instruments now, with the quality problems being either in replaceable things or stuff that needs tweaking after purchase (fit and finish). the actual guitars are often solidly built, even though I would prefer to pay more for a MIJ with lower end features as I feel they are built a lot better. the other reason for this theory is they never said why, and playability is subjective, plus it sounds like they had more ESP LTD than Jackson. I only take the word of shop owners I know, and know they know their gear. I know 3-4 like that, and I know a lot of guitar shop keeps.

And I've owned a 400/200 series LTD (KH202) and currently own a Jackson DK2T. The KH202 was a piece of crap. The trem and nut were both junk, and the pickups are close to useless. Their 1000 series are nice, but their 200 and 400 series have the same pitfalls as others in the price range of using cheap hardware and often cheap pickups with fit finish leaning towards the shoddy times on more feature-laden guitars.

One of the reasons the DK2T was the better built instrument was I paid close to $200 more for it. There is a huge gap between a $300-400 guitar and a $600-700 guitar in terms of quality. TS needs to decide if he wants to spend that and get a nice Jackson or maybe Schecter, or a lower end ESP LTD. If your amp is a Spider III though you won't notice much difference in the tones of a guitar, and you have say, $700 to spend, consider splitting it between a guitar AND amp. I would also steer clear of EMGs with that solid state.

What is your current guitar? Maybe it just needs a setup if it's not playing well.