a couple questions, has anyone used gold lace pickups, and if so did you like them? I know those are what Clapton uses, and that is the kind of tone I am looking for, to my knowledge they do not come stock in any guitar, if they do please tell me, but I was looking to buy a new guitar with the intention of putting gold lace pickups in them, so what guitar should I get, are these good pickups, and should I get the gold lace or the gold lace hots and what is the main difference I can expect from either?
No, they don't come stock with any guitar but from what I've heard they make good pickups. And as far as regulars vs. hots isn't it fairly obvious? The hot pickups have a higher output.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
No, they don't come stock with any guitar but from what I've heard they make good pickups. And as far as regulars vs. hots isn't it fairly obvious? The hot pickups have a higher output.

What about the Clapton and Buddy Guy signature strats?
I know each one has had lace golds stock in them at one time.

I'd get the normal lace golds. The hots didn't do it for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the clapton strat comes with noiselesses but your right the buddy guy sig has golds.

mah bad.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
No, in the past there was a clapton model that came with laces.
Unless i'm terribly wrong.

Anyways, they're nice pickups.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No, the new clapton strat doesnt have them in it, I didnt even think to check the bubby guy strat. Also since the bubby guy strat is probably $1500 or more, what do u think about getting a used MIA strat and putting the lace pickups in it.
My tele has a gold lace hot in the neck. Its a great pickup, but both the hots and the normal are great. What are you gonna use it for? Gigging or just bedroom use?
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
I know the new clapton strat doesn't have them in, but it seems like an older model did.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I would recommend the hots simply because they have a higher output and will be better for gigging if thats your plan. What kind of amp do you have?
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by darkarbiter7
No, in the past there was a clapton model that came with laces.
Unless i'm terribly wrong.

Anyways, they're nice pickups.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there was. They come with Noiseless now because I think Clapton switched and is currently using them. I know he used the Lace's in the past, and it's kinda hard to tell but I think he uses them in this video and that's my favorite Clapton tone ever. Never tried them but they seem like great pups.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 29, 2008,