Okay, so I'm a new guitarist. (Well, 7 or 8 months old, but everyone I seem to meet had been playing for 20 years or so, even some of the teenagers)

I've been having this problem, during the winter where I live, it's very very dry, and after alot of practicing, my fingertips seem to dry up and peel off. Leaving my fingers fairly tender. I thought this might fix itself after a while, but it hasn't. I play anywhere from 1 to 8 hours a day. Is this supposed to happen? Or should I do something to fix it?

Thanks UG!
Your only 7 or 8 months old.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by boreamor
Dude you need to be 13 to join these forums.

But I have to admit, your intelligence for that age is amazing!
Ha ha, thanks, but seriously, I'm only like 5.
Fucking Pit....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by SPiK3
Okay, so I'm a new guitarist. (Well, 7 or 8 months old, but everyone I seem to meet had been playing for 20 years or so, even some of the teenagers)

I've been having this problem, during the winter where I live, it's very very dry, and after alot of practicing, my fingertips seem to dry up and peel off. Leaving my fingers fairly tender. I thought this might fix itself after a while, but it hasn't. I play anywhere from 1 to 8 hours a day. Is this supposed to happen? Or should I do something to fix it?

Thanks UG!

Teenagers can only go to 19. For that to be true the person must have began playing guitar before he existed
Quote by boreamor
In all seriousness, no that's fine. That's your calluses falling off. Hurts like a bitch but it takes like 2 days for me to build up a new one.
Damn, I was kind of thinking that's what it was. Oh well, thanks.
Quote by SPiK3

Thanks UG!

haha

EDIT: Beaten to it by ImDeth
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by SPiK3

Thanks UG!

so you're an 8 month old with teenage friends who've been playing for over 20 years, yet are teenagers....

babies should stick to xylophone
Quote by captaincrunk
so you're an 8 month old with teenage friends who've been playing for over 20 years, yet are teenagers....

babies should stick to xylophone
I'm an 8 month old guitarist, who happens to be a sarcastic ass. But the xylophone is hella fun.
Quote by restless_thrash
it may have to do with the 8 hours thing. if you whacked off for 8 hours, it would fall off too.

Didn't he just say he's 5?
My fingers do the same thing. Nothing to worry about, just keep playing.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝