Believe me, most punk bands I love are English.. but well, I kinda want some new stuff on my mp3. So does anyone know any old school punk bands from around the world?
I've got some songs from an Italian band called Moravagine and from the Swedish band Ebba Grön. BUT I NEED MORE!!
Why do good things happen to bad people?
RAI KO RIS sing in Nepali. There's a whole buncha good non-english speaking punk bands, I'll type out a list when I get the chance.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whats that one very decent punk band from dubai?

edit: Ghandi's Cookbook very good band, but they do sing in english...
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by BostonLacrosse
whats that one very decent punk band from dubai?

edit: Ghandi's Cookbook very good band, but they do sing in english...

We cheat. We're expats.

If you want, you can download http://www.gandhiscookbook.com/downloads /Gandhi_s_Cookbook_-_3_Songs_from_the_Ce sspool.rar and/or http://www.gandhiscookbook.simplaza.net/ dl/Gandhi_s_Cookbook_-_Egotistical_Game_ +_War.rar for some of our music...

Also, Sound of Ruby are an awesome band in Saudi Arabia.

You should also check out some of the old Hardcore-Punk Pinoy (Philippines) bands from the 80s, my drummer showed me some of them and they were absolutely brilliant. Check out the Philippine Violators, and Betrayed.
Last edited by Adarsh at Dec 30, 2008,
Subscribe to the MaximumRockNRoll Radio podcast and you'll hear a bunch of punk from different countries.

As for a few to start you out, check out Berurier Noir, Sin Dios, Paris Violence and La Fraction
Quote by sargasm
Subscribe to the MaximumRockNRoll Radio podcast and you'll hear a bunch of punk from different countries.

As for a few to start you out, check out Berurier Noir, Sin Dios, Paris Violence and La Fraction

Sin Dios is the bee's knees.

TS, if you're into ska, check out Ska-P. Great band.
Thank's for all the links and tips guy
This made my day. I'll probably find something I like out of these..
As I said I like Ebba Grön and Moravagine.. Italian and Swedish. When I said non-English I meant bands who is not from the UK or US. Just cos I already know a lot from there. It's nice to check out some other stuff also^^
Why do good things happen to bad people?
Quote by Swap-Meet
Wednesday Night Heroes
Propagandi
The Brains
DOA
SNFU
Ripcordz
Career Suicide (the little bit I've heard from them is okay)
SingleDigitIQ? (www.myspace.com/singledigitiq ...download our tracks for free homie)

CANADIAN PUNK REPRESENT.

I removed the ones that I don't think are worth listening to, and left you with a pretty good list there.

Career Suicide RULES!
Quote by sargasm
I removed the ones that I don't think are worth listening to, and left you with a pretty good list there.

Career Suicide RULES!

Dayglo is ****ing awesome
The Flatliners & The Sainte Catherines are one of those bands that are good to listen to a for a couple of minutes, but if i sit down and listen to them for an hour I'd get annoyed of it...kinda like The Casualties, The Exploited, Rancid, and GBH
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet
Wednesday Night Heroes
Propagandi
Dayglo Abortions
The Sainte Catherines
The Brains
DOA
SNFU
Ripcordz
The Flatliners
Career Suicide (the little bit I've heard from them is okay)
SingleDigitIQ? (www.myspace.com/singledigitiq ...download our tracks for free homie)

CANADIAN PUNK REPRESENT.

You forgot the Subhumans.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I've never listened to the canadian Subhumans

You're missing out. Alternative Tentacles just released a collection of their old EPs called Death Was Too Kind. You should check it out.
Quote by sargasm

Career Suicide RULES!
You like Propagandhi but you don't like the Dayglo Abortions?

Damnit sarge I hate to say this but your taste in music sucks.

EDIT: Jordan I still hate your taste in music but I'm willing to forgo my hatred towards you if you tell me you at least like NoMeansNo.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by neidnarb11890

You're a Steve Jones too?

Most punk guitarists probably have four.

Personally though, I think that one is all you need!
Tr00 p0nx play too loud for one speaker to be enough.

I would rather have a 4x10, but I couldn't find one that was cheap enough.
I have 2 speakers as well. I might build another 2x12 extension cab, then I'd have four!
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by axeslash
You like Propagandhi but you don't like the Dayglo Abortions?

Damnit sarge I hate to say this but your taste in music sucks.

EDIT: Jordan I still hate your taste in music but I'm willing to forgo my hatred towards you if you tell me you at least like NoMeansNo.

I've never heard NoMeansNo. But seriously, why do people like Dayglo Abortions? What a terrible band.
Quote by sargasm
I've never heard NoMeansNo. But seriously, why do people like Dayglo Abortions? What a terrible band.
I don't like their later stuff but their first two albums have some pretty good songs on it.

So, why do people like Propagandhi? What a terrible band.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.