View poll results: Would you watch?
Yes
6 13%
No
28 60%
Maybe
13 28%
Voters: 47.
Well, it wouldn't be my show, but rather my concept.

Because my sister is a cartoonist and two of my best friends are film patrons, I'm occasionally thinking of ideas of shows to suggest for them. All of the time, they're just jokes, but one that I came up with seemed to had made a couple of people laugh.

Bare with me, it would be called "The Adventures of Jesus H. Christ In Space"(however, the show wouldn't take place in Space). The show would be sort of in the style of "Leave It To Beaver", only starting a prepubescent Jesus going through the problems of a modern day teenager, including puberty, girls, bullies, and, of course, 'strange uncles'.

I already have a couple of jokes set up.

1- Jesus breaks his mothers favorite vase, and in a fit of anger, she says "Oh Jesus!". Jesus, on his staircase, goes "Whaaaaaaaaat?"

2- After coming down from her rage, Jesus' mother says "I might have to crucify you for this". Jesus responds with "Not again!", and shrugs.

If you have a problem with this thread, I'll delete it, I'm aware that religion can offend people. Though, I don't intend to.

Also, after writing and reading this thread, it's starting to sound familiar. Had somebody already beaten me to this idea?

Andredit: Some of you guys seem to think that the theoretical show would actually be mocking the Christian religion or beliefs. While I'm no heavy believer, I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm not putting down their beliefs or religion at all. However, oversensitivity is why things like these(even if the show is pure shit) are kept away from the public.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Dec 29, 2008,
If that was the standard of jokes, then no chance.

And as for it sounding familiar, maybe it's familiar to Jesus in South Park?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I didn't find those jokes very funny...
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
just get some rape jokes, and i'm game
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Jericho114
I didn't find those jokes very funny...
But with suitable actors!
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
No.

Sounds terrible.

Sitcoms piss me off enough without trying to mock my religion.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
nice idea but get some people to write it for you if that'll be the kind of jokes...good, but not quite good enough to be watched a lot
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by sneyob
No.

Sounds terrible.

Sitcoms piss me off enough without trying to mock my religion.

yeah, i feel the same way about sitcoms

and i feel like mocking any religion, no matter how retarded it seems to anybody, is wrong
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
the humor in your jokes is next to nonexistant.

you fail.

EDIT: Jesus in SPACE, however...

*envisions Jesus using the powers of the Force to fight Darth Vader, aka. GOD*
when i was like 7, i came up with the funniest cartoon ever.

there was this fat guy (joseph) sitting watching football on tv. (american football)
there's this lady (mary) who runs in the room and goes "our child is born, what should we name him?"
the fat guy goes "jesus christ, mary, i told you not to bother me when my game is on!"
Quote by boreamor
Too controversial.
Yeah, it would never get to air because too many people wouldn't be able to understand that I'm not actually mocking their religious beliefs.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by CoreysMonster
the humor in your jokes is next to nonexistant.

you fail.

Yeah this whole thing sounds more like a scene in Family Guy than an actual show.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
i think i heard those jokes on family guy... id watch 2 or 3 episodes though
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..
im only offended by how your jokes dont work, why would he shout whaaaaaat? if he knew he broke his mothers vase

why would he say not again if he is prepubescent and hasnt been crucified.

hmmm maybe something like

jesus drinks some water "this is some good ****"

one of jesus' pals "hey jesus, you ever wonder what its like to get nailed?"

i think the show should be called "JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!"

ok im thinking about this too much
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Quote by sneyob
Yeah this whole thing sounds more like a scene in Family Guy than an actual show.

Peter: ngengengengenge, that reminds me of the time I was directing a sitcom starring Jesus!

*cutaway*

*mom drops vase*

Mom: Jesus Christ!

Jesus: whaaaaaaat
*laugh track*

cut back to family guy, everyone silent

stewie knocks peter down with a baseball bat

Stewie: and I hope you've learned your lesson!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Peter: ngengengengenge, that reminds me of the time I was directing a sitcom starring Jesus!

*cutaway*

*mom drops vase*

*laugh track*

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by CoreysMonster

*cutaway*

*mom drops vase*

*laugh track*

It's funny because it's unrelated to the plot
I think no one else is getting the "it's funny because it's not" quality to those jokes. the jokes themselves aren't funny but it's funny when the cheesiness is implied.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
I think no one else is getting the "it's funny because it's not" quality to those jokes. the jokes themselves aren't funny but it's funny when the cheesiness is implied.

And that's why watching Family Guy makes me want to punch a 5 year old in the head.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by nexteyenate
Yeah, I thought that was implied.

The jokes themselves weren't meant to be the punchline, but rather that they're so cliche, they could merit a chuckle.

I don't write jokes(obviously), but I thought with appropriate acting, that could get some laughs.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Just Andrew
Yeah, I thought that was implied.

The jokes themselves weren't meant to be the punchline, but rather that they're so cliche, they could merit a chuckle.

I don't write jokes(obviously), but I thought with appropriate acting, that could get some laughs.

but that's because the actors would be funny, not because the joke itself is.
Andredit: ^Yeah, that was what I was going for. I was hoping you people would take an imaginary actor in you head and play the joke.

Quote by sneyob
And that's why watching Family Guy makes me want to punch a 5 year old in the head.
I'm not defending Family Guy, nor will I here.

But if that's why you hate Family Guy, you're clearly hating it for the sake of being different. Those aren't the tpyical jokes dispersed throughout it's lazy writing.
Quote by Teh Forest King
but the whole synopsis of a jesus sitcom is just stupid, no matter how great the actors are.

Jesus in SPACE however...

*envisions muscular Jesus batteling Skeletor*
Quote by CoreysMonster
but the whole synopsis of a jesus sitcom is just stupid, no matter how great the actors are.

Jesus in SPACE however...

*envisions muscular Jesus batteling Skeletor*
Well then WE can co-write something where he fights aliens.

....On space horses.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Babbs
when i was like 7, i came up with the funniest cartoon ever.

there was this fat guy (joseph) sitting watching football on tv. (american football)
there's this lady (mary) who runs in the room and goes "our child is born, what should we name him?"
the fat guy goes "jesus christ, mary, i told you not to bother me when my game is on!"

oh, YOU! *tv audience laughter* but thats pretty damn funny.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Just Andrew
Well then WE can co-write something where he fights aliens.

....On space horses.

nah I'm too busy working on the UG cartoon.
"Jesus, you're such a jew!"
"i know!"

/rimshot

"Dad, i'm starting to grow chest hair!"
"the paintings didn't show that, so lets just forget about this."
Last edited by restless_thrash at Dec 29, 2008,
Hell no
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮