Hey all, this is my first project, which I chose to do for a year long school project. My dad managed to get my a 40 year old strat body (not too sure about the authenticity ) from a guy at his work, along with a neck. It came in standard strat black, with no electronics (just 2 pots, which we ended up replacing, and tuners), and covered in a ****load of scratches and bangs. Overall I think I did quite well for a first time, although I wish I had left the headstock plain wood. C&C if you please.

How we got it

The front after a bit of sanding

The back at the same stage

Missing some photo's here, but basically, it went well until my dad walked into it while it was drying, and it fell straight into concrete ( ) so we had to start the sanding again. After that it all went well, and I ended up finishing it the night before it was due in!

Finished:

The finish is a matte black, with a bodacious pickguard.

Thanks for looking all!

EDIT: Very sorry for huge pics!
right on!

how much did it cost you?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Gah! The same thing happened to me tonight when my strat body was drying! My dad walked right into it and it fell on the concrete floor! I know your pain...
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
doubt it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
i think two post trems came about in the 80's or so right? but thats a good thing that you're not ruining a good vintage body.

yeah definitely true, they were brought up with the FR.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Nice job. Looks very nice, pretty much like new. As for the trem arm, check around eBay maybe. You might want to find a Wilkinson bridge or some other two-hole trem perhaps.
Send gotoh an email?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden