Guys, I just accidently broke all my strings on the Yamaha Pacifica 812v. I mean I cant put them back on. Anyways, what are some strings that are good, I'm a beginner and bad stuff already happend :S. The strings on the Yamaha were the ones from the factory. (Play any kind of music, just not trash metal/hardcore things) Thanks
I like Earny Ball 10s. 10 is the gauge, Earny Ball is the manufacturer.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Thanks guys, I'm just stuck between Elixir .010 and Ernie Ball .010. But are they like the same sizes as the orginal string for my guitar?
Ernie Ball Titanium Slinkies.

Harder to break
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Daddario XL 10's have always been my choice, kinda cheap price they have great sustain and i havent broken any on any of my two guitars
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Did anyone else notice that he said he broke all the strings no offense but its hard to break 6 strings at once?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Did anyone else notice that he said he broke all the strings no offense but its hard to break 6 strings at once?

i noticed but i just ignored it, as should everyone else, and just answer his question
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Whole reason I suggested Ernie Ball Titanium Coated.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
DR extra, cause of the durability, and the like 7 colours. Blue, green, and red strings are interesting.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Boing Boing
Thanks guys, I'm just stuck between Elixir .010 and Ernie Ball .010. But are they like the same sizes as the orginal string for my guitar?

Factory setup usually are .009 or .010 strings, so most likely they will be the same size.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
woudlnt 9's be better for a begginer?

id say ernie ball super slinkys
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
10's are fine for a beginner, it may hurt your fingertips a bit at start but as he is just starting out why not go straight for 10's? And he might not break them all at once?

Steve Howe
Ok I'm getting Ernie Ball 0.10 this afternoon but should I let the people at the store set it up for me or should I do it myself? I know how to by just watching 1 video and reading some things off the internet. My guitar has like a locking tuner thing tho.

(Invalid img)
Oh while I'm there I need a pick as well, probably atleast 5. What are some good sizes and I mean in numbers. Thanks
Good pick sizes to start out with are 0.73 mm or even 0.60 mm, as you improve playing you will probably go for thicker sizes like 0.88 mm or 1 mm.

If your not sure about restringing, let the guy from the shop do it. If he's a guitartech, let him check the setup as well.

Steve Howe
I don't know if it's acoustic or electric, but Ernie Balls are great strings.

For acoustic I recommend Earth woods (I think that's it), and for electric I recommend Slinky's.
All types of Ernie Ball strings of course.