i have a line6 solid state amp, combo, and playing through a s***y BCrich, and i was looking at new pedals. does a tube distortion pedal mean that its supposed be used with a tube amp or that it gives the sound of a tube amp.
what pedals are good for getting that warm, alive sound out of a solid state anyway?
thanks.
tube pedals normally have one or two 12ax7s in them.

Quote by DanteAnagram

what pedals are good for getting that warm, alive sound out of a solid state anyway?
thanks.

get a tube amp and become a believer.
Quote by DanteAnagram
i have a line6 solid state amp, combo, and playing through a s***y BCrich, and i was looking at new pedals. does a tube distortion pedal mean that its supposed be used with a tube amp or that it gives the sound of a tube amp.
thanks.

Tube distortion pedals are pedals that use tubes in their preamps to attempt to warm or smooth the distortion pedals.

There are basically no pedals that can bring entry-level solid states such as the spider to have tube tone.
Really.

Just save your money for a real amp.
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
wait is there such thing as a non ****ty BC rich?

if you're willing to drop 3k or 4k on a guitar they might be okay...
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat

Wrong
I've seen them make some decent stuff.
Thier low end stuff is atrocious though
Depends on the design of tube pedal. Some pedals run the tubes at normal stomp box voltages and the tubes dont do a whole lot. Others run em at proper high voltages. But none of em will do anything for a spider amp. Its a modelling amp so anything that goes in the input comes out the same and spiders dont take to well to pedals anyways. The 200 bucks spent on a decent tube stompbox, the cheap ones are junk, would go a long way toward a good amp or guitar.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat

Sigh..

Don't be a retard. Some of their Mockingbirds are fantastic guitars IMO.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Even if the tubes are running at proper voltage, it won't turn spiders into tube amps. At all
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
lol@ the fact that he has a SS line 6 and mentions a ****ty bc rich

well yeah
tube pedals can give you a tube like tone
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
wait is there such thing as a non ****ty BC rich?

BC rich assassins! fantastic guitars. in fact they got a lot of great guitars.. but they usually get a bad rep because of metalhead rookies buying the bronze series and thinking they are badass.

just like when other kids get suckered into buying MG's or spiders.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
BC rich assassins! fantastic guitars. in fact they got a lot of great guitars.. but they usually get a bad rep because of metalhead rookies buying the bronze series and thinking they are badass.

just like when other kids get suckered into buying MG's or spiders.

The only BC Riches that I've been exposed to have been really crappy low end ones and crazy expensive custom shop guitars. They're not my cup of tea so I've never really looked into them.
the only reason i bought the bcrich was cuz the music shop had NOTHING in the 200-250 price range. first guitar. worst mistake.
Quote by DanteAnagram
the only reason i bought the bcrich was cuz the music shop had NOTHING in the 200-250 price range. first guitar. worst mistake.

I'd say your worst mistake was the spider tbh...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
if you want your amp to sound warmer and more "tube-like" don't buy a distortion pedal but a tube preamp pedal.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

Quote by DaddyBarbs
I'd say your worst mistake was the spider tbh...

yeah, that too...theyre both horrible