So lately I've been sitting around wondering if I'll ever be a extraordinarily fast player. I've been playing around 3 1/2 years. About 4 months after I got my guitar I broke my arm pretty bad and had to get 2 plates and some screws. This is my fretting hand were talking about. It just feels like a strain to make my fingers move faster then they already do. Ill sit there and do little finger excercises and its like they get tired or something. It's almost as if I just think about it to such an extent while playing it really interferes, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any fast metal players with metal in there arms.
Quote by rebel624
So lately I've been sitting around wondering if I'll ever be a extraordinarily fast player. I've been playing around 3 1/2 years. About 4 months after I got my guitar I broke my arm pretty bad and had to get 2 plates and some screws. This is my fretting hand were talking about. It just feels like a strain to make my fingers move faster then they already do. Ill sit there and do little finger excercises and its like they get tired or something. It's almost as if I just think about it to such an extent while playing it really interferes, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any fast metal players with metal in there arms.

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
that was a fairly roundabout paragraph. anyway, i do not, but what you are describing sounds like your hands just aren't strong enough to go faster. just keep doing exercises, and improving yourself
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by TOcheesehead
that was a fairly roundabout paragraph. anyway, i do not, but what you are describing sounds like your hands just aren't strong enough to go faster. just keep doing exercises, and improving yourself

I figured this was a main issue, I had a sence of doubt though.
You'll get there if you practice. Hell, if Tony Iommi had to play with little plastic tips oh his fingers, I think you can become a fast guitar player.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Just try your best to maintain a daily schedule of arm exercises and you'll be fine. I think Dave Mustaine had an arm injury too amiright?
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Speed doesn't come from FASTER movements but from SMALLER movements. Do economy of motion exercises.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.