I need to know all the scales one would want to know to play good blues lead guitar.
I know the minor pentatonic, minor blues pentatonic, major pentatonic, major scale.

I also know how to add the dorian notes to the minor pent scale. (for example, if i was playing A minor blues the two added notes would be B and F#)

What other scales are good to know for playing blues lead guitar over 1-4-5 chord progressions?
I say this too much, but...

In a blues setting, you can use all of the notes if you know what you're doing. One of the best ways to learn to be free is to know your chord tones really well. If you always know how to get back to a chord tone, you'll be more comfortable going outside. Once you know your chord tones to the point where you don't even have to think about them, you can start experimenting with ANY other notes you want. You can make all of them work. In my opinion, the less you stick to a scale, the more interesting your playing will be.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
I would start trying to play the changes and find some good linkage points to connect the arpeggios of each chord.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Starting with the minor pentatonic 1-b3-4-5-b7-8
Those are the safest notes.
Adding in the 2,b5,b6,6: All pretty safe too (from the blues scale, aeolian, dorian)
A bit further out: b2,3.
The 7 could work on the V.

OBSERVE: That's all of them there. With great power comes great responsibility, and great chances to hit bum notes
The chromatic scale =D. Like ramm_ty said up there. Exactly like he said. Although I would suggest that you the tempo of your backing track and solo as a judge to how many chromatic notes and passing tones you do add. At really fast tempos you can get away with exclusively chromatic runs as long as you sustain the right notes at the right times. At slower tempos you have to be slightly more careful. Once you land on a chromatic note that is not in any of the conventional 'blues scales' you need to know where to go to resolve. A bit of theory and a love of ear training can help you out there.