its my birthday in a few weeks

and i need to get a new amp thats big enough to play small gigs.
(((((((((((((yes, i've looked through the search bar quite a bit))))))))))))))

okay i am currently using an Ibanez SZ120 with a SD pup in the bridge
and i also have a Digitech RP90 multi-effects pedal.

i play a bit in every style but mostly Metal, Punk, and Alternative rock.

My budget is only about $400, and i cant really but used where i am and i wont order online.

please help me

(Tube and solids states)
ive considering it but would the distortion on the VK be good for metal???

and theres no real used market where i live
Okay, I have an almost perfect solution for you... My question is: are you prepared to replace the speakers with Celestions?

I did xD.

If so...

Behringer GMX212 V-Tone. I just replaced the speakers, and it sounds great! Really nice for a hard, metal sound.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by A6stringrythm
ive considering it but would the distortion on the VK be good for metal???

and theres no real used market where i live

Yes. Valve King has nice distortion. Best distortion, in my opinion, besides Mesas.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Valveking 112 could be nice. If you're willing to extend your budget a bit then a Peavey Classic 30 could also work well for you, but if not, then the Valveking would probably be the best choice.
anymore suggestions???

and ive never had a tube amp before.. and i was wondering how easily the tubes break??
Quote by A6stringrythm
anymore suggestions???

and ive never had a tube amp before.. and i was wondering how easily the tubes break??

The tubes won't really break as long as you take good care of them. They should last you about 8 months to a year, maybe even more if you've taken good care of them (this means warming it up, cooling it down, etc.). I think there's a Tube Amp thread with all that info somewhere on here also.
/thread.

No offense, but those are you're best options.

Stick with em.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins