Do you think music (playing it or listening to it) makes you think better/smarter?

I've been wondering about this for a while. It seems like if I listen to it when I'm stumped on something, I can solve it. Example: this bitch of a sudoku problem. I turned up some Buckethead ("Soothsayer") and like ten seconds later I solved it.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
No.

That fact that I play guitar makes me feel like I'm better than everyone else, though.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Tetris makes me do that, but not music though.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Some lyrics make me understand the kinda of world we live in >.>
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Just Andrew
No.

That fact that I play guitar makes me feel like I'm better than everyone else, though.

i dont no if you were joking about that, but i feel this way sometimes lol.
Supposedly, listening to Mozart makes you smarter...
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
I think music is a way of checking if you're smarter than others; for example, I can get my head around time signatures and polyrhythms that my friends can't, and I understand certain lyrics better than other people.
Quote by xaviergray
I think music is a way of checking if you're smarter than others; for example, I can get my head around time signatures and polyrhythms that my friends can't, and I understand certain lyrics better than other people.

or more important things such as understanding the complexity of a Roland SH-201...

....quite easy but you got the injoke -_-...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
for me, it helps me function
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
well i can focus more with music on but i dont think it makes me smarter
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by misfitsramones
i dont no if you were joking about that, but i feel this way sometimes lol.
I was, but, now that I think of it...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
i retain things better with music.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Smarter, no, maybe more focused.

I think the article about trance got changed from urban dictionary the most popular definition was "A recent study concluded that 60% of poeple who named trance as their favorite music, had higher IQs, Go trance!"

So the first thing in my mind ( I do like trance though...) was, "Hey dude, did it occur to you that you might be one of the 40% who are still dumb as hell?"
Quote by xaviergray

I think that depends more on whether or not your friends know about time signatures/polyrhythms, not intelligence. Lyrics are almost always open to interpretation, so it seems to me like you're just trying to find a way to sound smarter than your friends or other people...
Music cures all.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝