Page 1 of 2
Well is there? Fountain of youth myths and etc. This thread is for anything related for such myths, any developments on the matter, including scientific advancements.

I really hope that stem cell research will advance our life length, but I am not too sure about popular myths. Perhaps there was such an artifact, but it was probably hidden away by some powerful orginasation, if it exists to begin with.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Why the HELL would you want to live forever?

I couldn't imagine a worse fate.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
FoorrrREEEEEVVEERR YOUNG, I waaNaa BeE fooRREEVER YOUNG, doo yoo rylly waanna live fooREEEEEVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(and ever)EEEEEEEEEEEEEE(and ever)EEEEEEEEERRRRRRR????

/Alphaville song.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Just Andrew

SERIOUSLY. Why.

But scientists already have anti-aging stuff. All you have to do is slow down the effects of oxygen. But still why do you want to live forever?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Yes.

I am over 900 years old.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by AeroRocker
SERIOUSLY. Why.

But scientists already have anti-aging stuff. All you have to do is slow down the effects of oxygen. But still why do you want to live forever?

Theres no time for us
Theres no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
From us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever....?

Theres no chance for us
Its all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today
I made a thread about this a while back, it got some good and bad feedback..suffice to say, you can get cancer light.
Quote by Just Andrew

I imagine it'd be pretty cool until the Sun supernova'd and you'd be floating around aimlessly in space for eternity.
Depends on what you define as "living" and "forever"
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Soul-Monger
You can, metaphorically, of course.

I think living forever and making your mark in history are two different things, but that's just me...

Maybe there is a fountain of youth, but no ones really looked for it and no one really knows where to start looking for it.

I remeber seeing something about Noahs Ark being found, but I can't remeber all the details... I don't think they found the ark persay, but they found an imprint... I could be wrong.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by goldmember1217
I imagine it'd be pretty cool until the Sun supernova'd and you'd be floating around aimlessly in space for eternity.

That's assuming that you are also immortal, which is different.

Quote by Tapping_Ninja
I think living forever and making your mark in history are two different things, but that's just me...

I could see where the 'figure of speech' aspect might come into play, but I still stand firm on my opinion.
Last edited by Soul-Monger at Dec 29, 2008,
Is there such a thing as the female orgasm?

Depends, are you the only one living forever or are there others? If it's the former, imagine the depression of outliving everyone you know and the futility of making new friends, until you eventually take your own life.
Hard to say. Im not sure.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
this thread has to many big words for me
I SAW YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR MOMMYS DEAD
i wouldnt want to live forever i would have to endure lame threads like this for eternity
No one can live forever. Never happened, never will. Scientists can of course probably entend our lifetime, but we will all die at some point.
Quote by imdeth
It's possible but I'm not telling you how. I must live forever to destroy suns.

with your crotch wasn't it..
Quote by K Dizzle
IF WE GONNA KILL EACH OTHER HOW WE GONNA LIVE FOREVER?

IF WE GONNA LIVE FOR EVER HOW WE GONNA KILL EACH OTHER?

if u know the song and band, i'll give u an e-five

Scars on Broadway "Kill Each Other/Live Forever"
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Are you retarded? No you can't live forever.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
well if you read the bible it says that if you believe in jesus then when you die you can live with him forever

just kidding you cant live forever you just rot in your grave
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Scars on Broadway "Kill Each Other/Live Forever"

e-five

i would like to congratulate you on the first ever e-five distributed by K Dizzle. I'm sure this has made start an uncontrolable cum-flow, and would like to let you know that im pretty excited too. Congratulations ExtremeMetalFTW
Quote by K Dizzle
e-five

i would like to congratulate you on the first ever e-five distributed by K Dizzle. I'm sure this has made start an uncontrolable cum-flow, and would like to let you know that im pretty excited too. Congratulations ExtremeMetalFTW

Beggin' for a sig?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by K Dizzle
e-five

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in my sig.
Damn the 250 character limit!
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I honestly don't know. If you had one other person to live forever with it would be alright, but alone? I don't know. Music would help, but the lack of a significant other is terrifiying.

However, who is to say what happens after death? Even if you fervently believe in your views, there is a chance that you ould be wrong. Is the uknown scarier than the lonelyness?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Dec 29, 2008,
It is entirely possible to live forever. Many scientists are researching ways to extend lifespans, there was a guy who went on Colbert who was studying ways to slow the aging process to extend life.
However, alot of this research is being halted by religious protests. For example, stem cell research, cloning, etc. Apparantly it's "not God's will".
Also, space travel is another huge aspect. Obviously we won't be able to live on Earth forever - the Sun will probably expand so much in it's Red Giant phase that Earth will be destroyed completely.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Im gona suggest you just need to make peace with your mortality. Its gona happen, and there are many worse things in life than dying.
Quote by FarewellMemory
Im gona suggest you just need to make peace with your mortality. Its gona happen, and there are many worse things in life than dying.

How does one accept mortality? Accept god? Accept that you will die? I have an intense fear of death, I want to avoid it if possible.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
In short, no.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Yeah you can live forever vicariously through your own once fame like Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, or Tupac, though some believe Tupac may not really be dead.
I hope they don't find a way once I'm old and decrepit. It'd be cool I guess... but not when you're feeble.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
There is a species of jellyfish that, after the medusa ("adult") stage of its life cycle, it turns back into a polyp (essentially its 'childhood'). So, barring getting eaten or sick, it will live forever.

As for humans, I am sure that within several thousand years humans will have become immortal, due to science. The question of whether that is a good thing is debatable. For anyone interested in this topic, I highly suggest reading the short stories "The Last Question" and "The Last Answer" by Isaac Asimov.

Adding to this, a thought occured to me the other day. With the development of electronic storage, all humans are capable of being immortal in a sense. Records can be kept of every single person's life and achievements, for access by anyone any time in the future. No one will have to be truly forgotten over time - as long as the database of records is kept intact.

This is an excellent topic to muse upon.
Obviously not. The laws of physics and matter do not allow it. Nothing is forever, except space and time, and even that is debatable.

I think it would be possible (in theory), though, to replace parts of a person with mechanical parts and transfer their memory to a "hard drive" of sorts. But would that cyborg even be the person then? Or maybe a memory transfer to a clone, like in that weak Arnie movie. Possible in theory, but I don't think the clone would really "be" that person anymore.
Last edited by AzureNight at Dec 30, 2008,
There's that cryogenics scam somewhere in the US. California, I think, where the only evidence give that your body won't turn to liquid when they thaw you out is that the owners dog is frozen and they, "trusted our theory enough to freeze him." Yeah, we'll see.
Page 1 of 2