First off, I know I'll sound very newbish in this thread, but I need some of your guys help. For Christmas a I got my first electric guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, but I didn't get an amp for it. I've played bass for a few years and I got an acoustic guitar about a year ago and I occasionally play on my friends electrics. So basically, even though this is my first, I'm pretty good at guitar. So for the past four days or so I've been playing on my bass's amp, but I obviously want a good guitar amp. I play mostly punk, pop punk, hardcore, sometimes twinkly instrumental stuff or post rock I suppose, not much metal. I have about 250$ right now but I am willing to save up some more. So if you guys could recommend me a good all around amp that's not too expensive I would appreciate it.
crate v18 212 is a 200 dollar tube amp, 18 w. I own one and i love it,

good luck.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
If you're wanting a good amp for bedroom use: Roland Cube Street $300. A little over budget, but it's a good, portable, rugged amp that will last you a long time.

Gigging wise: Crate V33-212 Exactly $250. Good, solid combo amp that will also last you until you're ready to upgrade.

Good Luck
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

depends how long you want to save up..

i've heard good things about the microcube..

i personally have never played them tho.. if you want to save up, get like 600 bucks, and get a serious amp
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

i personally have never played them tho.. if you want to save up, get like 600 bucks, and get a serious amp

However, what do you do until then? Sit around on the pit?

Actually, thats not a bad idea...
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Haha, I'm 15, no job, and I only have a 5-10$ a week allowance. I'll just be playing it in my basement mostly, but I would like an amp that would be loud enough if I have to use it for band practice.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll check them out.

Edit:
Ok, at this point I'm thinking either the Roland Cube Street or this Line Six my friend suggested me:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944773-i1168992.gc

I'll be playing mostly hardcore type stuff, for now just in my room but maybe playing gigs eventually. What would you guys suggest?
Last edited by IcePh0enix at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by IcePh0enix
Haha, I'm 15, no job, and I only have a 5-10$ a week allowance. I'll just be playing it in my basement mostly, but I would like an amp that would be loud enough if I have to use it for band practice.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll check them out.

Edit:
Ok, at this point I'm thinking either the Roland Cube Street or this Line Six my friend suggested me:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944773-i1168992.gc

I'll be playing mostly hardcore type stuff, for now just in my room but maybe playing gigs eventually. What would you guys suggest?

DON'T GET A SPIDER! They are AWFUL amps, and it's really just a waste of money. The cube is 10x better at everything that the Spider does.
Quote by IcePh0enix
Ok, what's so bad about the spider?

The distortion is really fizzy, VERY low quality stuff. The cleans are alright, nothing special, but they are listenable.

Overall, if you were to put a poll on this thread asking between the Spider and the Cube, the Cube would win easily.
Agreed, do NOT go with a line 6 spider,
or a Marshall MG.
The cube, crate v series, and vox amps totally blow it out of the water.
They'll make you want to play guitar.
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Agreed, do NOT go with a line 6 spider,
or a Marshall MG.
The cube, crate v series, and vox amps totally blow it out of the water.
They'll make you want to play guitar.

This!!!!
Dude, he's a begginer, he's not going to be "gigging" anytime soon.

For your purposes you'll want a Peavey VYPYR 30 watt. 200 dollars. Get yourself a nice chromatic tuner with the rest of that cash.

check it out here: CLICKY
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
crate v18 212 is a 200 dollar tube amp, 18 w. I own one and i love it,

good luck.

+1

Love mine too.