Hey UG,

I have $450 CAN to spend on a new amp or pedals.

I have a Peavey Transtube Supreme head from the 1990's, I really like it. I run it through a Legion 2x12 cab-It's like a death metal cab,extreme low end and darker tone(i like). I Play fusion, Funk, Shred, Polyrhythmic Death Metal, Jazz, Blues, Rock ect... and this amp suits me pretty well. It's full sounding and voiced like no other amp I've ever heard. I just want to had a bit of thinkness to the lead. The problem is that it's solid state. Do you guys recommend a EQ pedal that will help me for thinkening the tone?maybe even a BBpreamp or something?

Also, I like a bit of twang and chime to my clean tone do you guys recommend something for that can maybe help with that?
I was thinking chorus and maybe a clean boost?
This is somewhat what i want my clean tone to be(jason becker-on the right).

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RJR0Hm3WIrI&feature=channel_page

and finally I want maybe delay,phaser and a wah? maybe a DD-3,MXR Phase 90 or PH-3 and not sure of a good wah.

I'm willing to go used, though I don't Ebay stuff. I do use craigslist and Kijiji.

Thanks
TJP

**EDIT** I forgot to put the link to my current tone. here it is

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=psPYIx-8T1Y
Last edited by tenaciousjp at Dec 29, 2008,
Well, if you like your tone, then keep your amp! From the video clip, I really dig your tone also! If you went the pedal route, I've heard great things about the MXR Stereo Chorus. Not sure if you want to spend that kind of cash on a chorus pedal, though.

I've got a Dunlop Crybaby Wah and it works great for what I need it for. I don't know why a lot of people say it doesn't sound good with distortion, I think it sounds fine with distortion! I recommend going to your local music store to try out a couple of different wahs if possible, because that's the only way you'll know which one YOU really like.

DD-3 is a good idea, the only problem is that it's not true bypass, but if you don't mind that, than it's not really a problem at all! I like the sound of the Phase 90 too- good choice! As for a clean boost if you want to do that, I recommend the Fulltone Fatboost or Xotic RC Booster.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Quote by GNRjungle87
Well, if you like your tone, then keep your amp! From the video clip, I really dig your tone also! If you went the pedal route, I've heard great things about the MXR Stereo Chorus. Not sure if you want to spend that kind of cash on a chorus pedal, though.

I've got a Dunlop Crybaby Wah and it works great for what I need it for. I don't know why a lot of people say it doesn't sound good with distortion, I think it sounds fine with distortion! I recommend going to your local music store to try out a couple of different wahs if possible, because that's the only way you'll know which one YOU really like.

DD-3 is a good idea, the only problem is that it's not true bypass, but if you don't mind that, than it's not really a problem at all! I like the sound of the Phase 90 too- good choice! As for a clean boost if you want to do that, I recommend the Fulltone Fatboost or Xotic RC Booster.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

hahahah thanks, its differently voiced then other amps i've tried.

The DD-3 doesn't really matter if its true bypass, as long as it doesn't drastically muddy it up.

I'm not too sure of the wah's i want something with a big mid sweep. i would prefer if it was true bypass.

For chorus, i read somewhere that theres a true bypass, anolog chorus. its the its the electro harmonic's chorus pedal, apparently its cheaper than a boss CE-5.

As for the phase 90 i think thats going to be the one i'm going to get.

For the clean boost and to fatten/thinkin up the tone for the clean and distortion channel, i haven't tried the fulltone fat boost but i have tried the rc booster, but not on my amp. ill give it a shot.

and more recommentdations as to what wah,chorus,delay,clean boost?
Quote by tenaciousjp
hahahah thanks, its differently voiced then other amps i've tried.

The DD-3 doesn't really matter if its true bypass, as long as it doesn't drastically muddy it up.

I'm not too sure of the wah's i want something with a big mid sweep. i would prefer if it was true bypass.

For chorus, i read somewhere that theres a true bypass, anolog chorus. its the its the electro harmonic's chorus pedal, apparently its cheaper than a boss CE-5.

As for the phase 90 i think thats going to be the one i'm going to get.

For the clean boost and to fatten/thinkin up the tone for the clean and distortion channel, i haven't tried the fulltone fat boost but i have tried the rc booster, but not on my amp. ill give it a shot.

and more recommentdations as to what wah,chorus,delay,clean boost?

The Electro Harmonix Small Clone (the one I assume you're referring to) is great. I forgot about that one. I know Kurt Cobain used it a lot, and in my opinion, it's just a great sounding pedal. If you want more of a sweep in your wah (as much as I hate to do this), check out the Zakk Wylde Signature Wah. It's got a MASSIVE sweep to it!
I'm not really into signature gear.

I just seen a demo of the small clone by dave weiner, its pretty good, i like it, its simple and small.
Quote by tenaciousjp
I'm not really into signature gear.

I just seen a demo of the small clone by dave weiner, its pretty good, i like it, its simple and small.

Yeah, I'm not into signature gear either, but that Zakk Wylde Wah has a big sweep to it. Go to your local music store and try out a bunch if that's possible, because that's where you'll find the perfect wah for you.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Yeah, I'm not into signature gear either, but that Zakk Wylde Wah has a big sweep to it. Go to your local music store and try out a bunch if that's possible, because that's where you'll find the perfect wah for you.

hmm. maybe...a fulltone wah, i heard those are intense!!!
lemme youtube it
Quote by tenaciousjp
hmm. maybe...a fulltone wah, i heard those are intense!!!
lemme youtube it

Oh right!! Forgot about those. My friend has one, they are AMAZING!!!!! Kind of on the expensive side though.