I am currently building my take on the Ampeg Portaflex. I plan on building a cabinet with a 10" speaker and a 15" speaker. I know more about guitar than I do bass. I was wondering what some good brands of bass speakers are. Also, if anyone could help my with a passive bandpass, that would be cool. I may find a schematic, but UG is usually helpful.

Edit: I mispoke (mistyped). I meant a Crossover, not bandpass. Where can I buy a crossover, or does anyone know of a good schematic/layout?
Last edited by end_citizen at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by grifff
Well putting a 15 inch speaker and a 10 inch in the same cabinet will make the cabinet huge, it might not even be possible.

Mesa do a 15" + 4x10" cabinet. Anything is possible.

Just watch out because bass cabinets are much harder to make. You have to watch your dimensions and porting to avoid serious problems.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Thanks gm jack, but do you or anyone else have any suggestions as to what speakers to put in there?

Eminence? Weber? Jenson?

I'm not too up on bass speakers, so what are some to look into?
I'm look for an old school, smokey blues kinda sound.
I might be going out on a limb here, but I really like celestions, even in bass amps. It's warm and nice.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
I might be going out on a limb here, but I really like celestions, even in bass amps. It's warm and nice.

I've seen a couple cabs on Craigslist with Celestions, so it's doable.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Can't go wrong with Eminence.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410