Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
I like having several guitars for different things
58 73%
All I need is my baby
22 28%
Voters: 80.
Are you a guy who likes to use many guitars just to change it up or are you like me and use one guitar that you love and is your baby?
I just have my RG love it to death but I will be purchasing a second one in the future but for now one is great for me.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
yeah i have 4 i love all of them
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
if i could i'd have a bunch of guitars in like every tuning ^_^

but for me an electric in standard that i can drop to drop D + another electric that is in drop Db that i can drop to drop C, covers me pretty well for a lot of things

and then my acoustic is in standard.

eventually a guitar in drop B and one in drop A would be great but i'll probably get another guitar for standard for a backup to my other one for live gigs since the band im in plays in standard.
Multiple guitars for different string sizes and different pickups, of course
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
I have two, but am about to get a third. I have a primary guitar (the Ernie Ball) which i love with all of my heart and completely spoil (she goes no where without her hardshell case. And then my metal guitar (the ibanez) which i also love with all of my heart because it was my first.

And you never treat your first bad.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
No way am I gonna be sticking with my squier strat. The second I have enough money I'm buying a tele. Or maybe a Les Paul.
Quote by eurotrashed
who uses only one guitar other than someone who can't afford another one?

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van halen
Alexi (from children of bodom)
BB king
Zakk Wylde(or same type of guitar)
John Frusciante
Kurt Cobain
Tom Morello
Buckethead

The list goes on of people who just favor one guitar over all others. They may own others, but they always go back to that one guitar.
Quote by rawk1277
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van halen -
BB king
John Frusciante
Kurt Cobain
Tom Morello
Buckethead

The list goes on of people who just favor one guitar over all others. They may own others, but they always go back to that one guitar.

Wow, that is a lot of bad information.

SRV guitars:
http://www.jcdisciples.org/musicians/srv/guitar/

Eddie Van Halen had the Frankencaster, lots of Charvels painted the same way, a few other stripped charvels, some Les Pauls and his signature EVH guitar from Ernie Ball/Music Man and Fender just to name some

I don't know about that Alexi person but I bet you they have quite a few

BB King is famous for Lucille but he had other guitars before the ES came out. Also has more than one ES..

Zakk Wylde has more than just his signature series Les Paul:

John Frusciante had a lot of guitars over the years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8mWBCgZbQE

Kurt Cobain had A LOT of guitars.
He had a Jag-stang, two or three Jaguars, I think 5 Mustang, Lots and Lots of Strats, Mosrite guitars, his Martin acoustic....

Tom Morello... what the hell do you think is his only guitar? He has his "Arm the Homeless" Tele, "Soul Power" Strat, an Ibanez, a burnt Les Paul...

Buckethead's gear:
http://www.digitalburn.org/the-complete-list-of-bucketheads-guitar-gear/

Please know what you are talking about before posting ridiculous information next time, but seeing as this is the second ridiculous statement you made in the past few days that I had to correct, I sense you are just a troll and or 10 years old and don't know any better. You know so much about amps too.... lol

Many guitar players have their "#1" but everyone has more than one guitar for different styles and songs.
Last edited by eurotrashed at Dec 30, 2008,
All i can afford is my baby
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by rawk1277
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van halen
BB king
John Frusciante
Kurt Cobain
Tom Morello
Buckethead

well if i was buckethead and i had gibson custom shop les paul built for shredding and that sweet flying V id probably favor them too

at the moment i have 5 guitars i think, ill never sell my first accoustic or first electric though.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I've got two. Once I get enough money, I'll be going for a nice single coil. Later on after that I'll be looking for a nice power guitar to pull out metal and hard tones.
In orther words, I like having more than one guitar.

Edit: To Conor above. Buckethead never uses the V anymore.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

Edit: To Conor above. Buckethead never uses the V anymore.

damn, i had wondered why i dont see it as much.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I use three just cause of my tunings

Ibanez: rotates in and out of standard and drop-d
Les paul: in and out of standard, drop-d, and drop C#
LTD: Drop-D
Uhhh...both?

I like having my multiple guitars but I certainly don't need them; even if I only had my GAX30 and a small practice amp I'd be happy. The S is still my favourite though
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have multiple guitars for each tuning, but not because I don't like tuning between songs. I just like having each guitar setup for that specific tuning as far as neck adjustments, string gauges and action.
you ALWAYS need 1 more guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Maybe if I have a hardtail or fixed bridge one would be able enough, but changing tunings on floyd rose would be a bitch so I have two: one's standard, the other D standard. Next guitar will be for a lot of different tunings so I need a RGA.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Never enough guitars.

This.

I play all of 4 of mine. Excluding my Dean (Which is in pieces atm)
Electric wise I have 2 and will be buying a 3rd shortly

but I mod all mine to fit what I want.

I have my Fender Strat which is modded for a range of light blues to some fairly hard rock. (its much more general than my other guitars)

I have a Yamaha Pacifica which I rigged up for the likes of Hair Metal and Shred (It's actually a bit of a joke, using a 150 dollar guitar for Shred, but I have it rigged up pretty nicely, it does the job quite well if I do say so myself, haha)

and I'm in the process of looking (actually I'm going to be leaving soon to look more) for a guitar that I will set up strickly for Jazz and Blues.

But if I had to, I could live with just my strat, or just my Yamaha, since they can both manage quite a range.

but they are set up specifically for what I use them for.

as for acoustics, I just have my Ovation Celebrity Series which I use for... well, the little acoustic playing I actually do,
and my Takamine Classical which I use for...well...classical, haha.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I have several guitars including a Variax 700. It's all about versatility for me and I have that in spades.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Blompcube
you ALWAYS need 1 more guitar.

That is what I am always telling the wife... somehow she has a hard time believing me after 7... oh and I am just a beginner guitar player... its cool having pawn shops close by... and NONE are really junk... at least to me... which is what is important

AL
I have multiple guitars so that I don't have to play my baby as much and destroy her, haha.
I've always prefered to have one.

Yes, I have two, but one's a classical guitar, so it's very different. I would NOT like to own a strat and les paul for contrasting tones. One electric guitar is enough for me. If I had any more, the agony of choice would drive me mad (I say taht a lot).

I'm very picky about my guitars. I'd rather have one for all occasions that different ones to choose between.

Right now I have a cheap electric. I want to build my own someday, and that'll be my "default choice". I don't know what I'll do with my old one, then. I'll probably regret building the new one.
Both, there's one I baby especially, but there's three I play regularly.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I have two guitars. One electric and one acoustic. And that's all I need. I think the only other guitar I will ever force myself to buy will be a 7 string for some dream theater and korn riffs, but once that happens I will find no need to buy more. I'm not a tone freak who has to have the perfect guitar with the perfect wood and the perfect pickup. As long as it is in tune, it's all good.
you need a baby and a beater. like you love one and the other, you can care less about. and a couple of babies for different tunings i suppose.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by eurotrashed
Wow, that is a lot of bad information.

Eddie Van Halen had the Frankencaster, lots of Charvels painted the same way, a few other stripped charvels, some Les Pauls and his signature EVH guitar from Ernie Ball/Music Man and Fender just to name some

By charvel i think you mean Kramers. And he used the different styles which when you think about it are relatively similar. Strat, Music Man EVH, and Wolfgang are the main shapes. He used a stienberger and a les paul very selectivly per song, otherwise it would be just the strat style. The he moved on to the Ernieball EVH/wolfgang era... for the most part very similar guitars... still differences but still simialar. and in balance era shows he would use an Ernieball for almost the whole show. and now he has his new fender wolfgangs. He likes to use one for the whole show... but since slightly different tunings, and what not he will use a 3/4 size frankenstien for the song little guitars, and for jump he uses the Frankenstien, I think since its the last song and its kind of a symbol that van halen 1 is back. He also uses some charvel art series, and I think thats for comercial purposes. So although he owns many gutiars. He prefers to stick to one guitar live. the White wolfgang prototype he plays the most... hes played it for the whole last part of the tour.

Prefers doesnt mean always does....
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust