I've got 205 bucks. I wanna buy new pick up plates, new les paul pick guard, new tuners, new knobs, new selector ring for my les paul. That'll probably set me back about 105 bucks (depending on if I go expensive or cheap on the tuners)

EITHER WAY

Does anyone know a set of REALLY good pick ups for 95 bucks? Any help would be appreciated.

As well as tuners that are amazing yet, affordable. Thanks
I've got a good enough amp, been over that much already. It's a bass wood les paul with a flame maple top, and mahogany neck, my mindset is to make it the best les paul I can, with what resources I have.
I know it seems...a little out there, but I can still try y'know?

Thanks for the advice.

Edit: Thank you A LOT for the advice. I'm pretty sure it's a scam but I found 25 bucks for used burstbucker pro humbuckers....sweet
Quote by SGlover69
I've got a good enough amp, been over that much already. It's a bass wood les paul with a flame maple top, and mahogany neck, my mindset is to make it the best les paul I can, with what resources I have.

What brand of LP, though? I'm trying to gauge the quality of existing hardware..

And are you referring to that Roland Cube 20? Honestly...not that great, not as good as a Cube 30 - the modeling on them is very different.
Again, trying to gauge how much of a difference a pickup swap will even make.
It's not my cube it's my friends amp, it's a marshall, and it's very tall. That's all i know about guitars. I play on his mostly.

Also it's not a brand, it came from a guitar kit. I'm gonna get crap for this, but it's a saga LC-10 and i've heard so much crap about it's stuff.
I meant Pick up rings, but I typed it in a hurry. I know the hardware sucks, i'm changing the nut, hopefully the pick ups, everything even the pots I'm swapping out. (After I test it just to be sure, i've heard on the odd occaison some of the gear isn't massively horrible)

The body is basswood with a flame maple top, and honestly not too sure if the neck is mahogany or not, either way, it's a base of what I need, how much do locking tuners cost by the way?(a good pair I should say)
Well, if you checked out the Wilkinson pair I told you about on guitarfetish.com, you'd know that you can get them for 27..
The bridge on your guitar probably isn't horrible..
Since you're strapped for cash, I'd go guitarfetish.com for all your hardware needs. You can find the pickup rings, knobs, pots, and everything except for the nut there.

Again, what kind of Marshall is it?

And what kind of music do you play?
yeah the hardware on those sagas are crap unfortunately.

but from what ive seen/heard/played the body and neck are decent.

if i were you id get a set of decent tuners and try to find some used gibson les paul pickups, and a higher quallity bridge. you should sound alot better with those.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
The Marshall I have absolutely no idea, all I know is that it's big, and it's got a head on it. It's really nice sounding though with his RR4, i threw my SG on it and it sounded amazing, which is why I dont want pick ups for that one. I'll definitely head over to guitarfetish to grab gear, I hope I can make it, if not great, decent guitar.
What type of music do you play?
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Oh duh forgot to add that.

I play all sorts but in general, Rock, Hard Rock, occaisonal metal,

Bands: ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Black Label Society, Metallica, Boston, Pink Floyd
There are tons more, but in short those are the ones I go to in my play list.
Well since I bought all this stuff from guitarfetish, I've decided I'm gonna spruce it up as much as possible, and then save whatever left up for a brand new amazing amp.
You bought hardware from GFS?

Well I wouldn't worry about the pickups, you won't be able to play it at all when the tinfoil bridge rips apart in your hands...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
You bought hardware from GFS?

Well I wouldn't worry about the pickups, you won't be able to play it at all when the tinfoil bridge rips apart in your hands...

That's an exaggeration if I ever heard one.

I'd take their hardware over their pickups - at least they don't lie about what it's made of.
Algis Greitai
Vilnius, Lithuania

"I realized why the Steinberger guitars and basses were so technically superb, not only looking like nothing else but also sounding like nothing else."
Being a TV comedian/director/TV producer does not mean that you cannot play and record music that you like.
That's what I do both on stage and in my cozy home studio.
My influences are: Frank Zappa, ELP, Igor Stravinsky, John McLaughlin, all that crazy Drum'n'Bass, neat Scandinavian jazz, Steely Dan, Allan Holdsworth, etc.
Although I perform live with my band SSG quite a lot lately, I cannot call myself a true professional guitarist. Playing both bass and guitar, I consider myself a snob of the both worlds, and even a luthier, in a sense.
As a dedicated Citroen lover, I do believe that musical instruments must have proper aesthetics in the first place. Yes, this is more important to me than all that technical data. Or at least it used to be so until recently...

I remember buying my first Citroen ten years or so ago, it was this huge CX. At the time, I didn't know that those cars were equipped with hydropneumatic suspension and lots of other sophisticated stuff, - to me they were merely nice things, pieces of art. It was quite astonishing to know them better...
The same happened to me "Steinberger-wise". Of course, when I first saw an L or XL bass on TV two decades ago, I didn't realize how advanced this thing was technically, I had no idea it was the graphite, I knew nothing of Steinberger tuners, just kept wondering how those guys kept their basses in tune.
Having at that time a Hohner guitar (not a Steinberger copy) and an Ibanez bass in my arsenal, I don't know when and why I decided to obtain a Steinberger. It was rather programmed in my mind, I guess. And so it was, on one faithful afternoon in Edinburgh, I found a music store and a black cheap all-wooden Spirit in it. I bought it, rather on a whim.
When I got back home, I went through eBay seeking for Steinbergers and eventually googled nearly everything about the brand. And it was only then that I got acquainted with the graphite thing (which explained why my Spirit was so cheap - a £200 and why it was called Spirit). And, just like in my love story with the Citroen, I realized why these guitars and basses were so technically superb, not only looking like nothing else.
Although my judgements are merely a personal thing, I do believe that British aircraft engineers of the pre WWII days could pass their "What looks right is right" not only on the Spitfire, this very same could be said about the Steinberger, too.
And then it all began. As a complete madman, I subsequently bought all my Steinbergers: 5 string fretless Synapse, XL 2, XM 2, two GM7TA's, and a ZT3 (not counting my Spirit and yet another Hohner, the GT3 which I would never recommend if you use the tremolo). Yes, I do now posses not only my modest Citroen collection (a CX Limousine included!), I can now proudly introduce myself as a Steinberger collector, at least in my country.
While gathering my Steinbergers together I was lucky enough to meet the guy called Tim, www.guitarsend.com, the host of this great site. My Synapse Fretless, the ZT3 and the XL 2 is his great job. Actually, the XL 2 used to be his uncle Tonie's... and now it's mine.
A television comedian, grouped with professional jazzmen, his friends, in a sophisticated jazz/rock/funk band SSG, lucky enough to care not about audience's opinion on his music, playing proudly his Steinbergers on stage. It's all about me.

A Closer Look...
Here are some links that you just might find interesting. I've known Algis for some time now and his popularity has grown by leaps and bounds since I first met him. For those of you that are interested in contacting him please simply email me and I will forward to him.
http://www.guitarsend.com/guitarsendmusicians.htm
http://muzika.frype.lt/music/musician.php?mid=53087
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt86INsOvIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hrNTvOEEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRDe6Zn7_l4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbqv5Q9UAQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvW0ZwGyNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKqTz6x4_Q

Other professionals
^wtf?!?!

spam..........

anyways, GFS hardware isnt actually all that bad...its not amazing, but its definitly better than whats on a saga!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^yeah that wasnt my point in coming here, but that might be the longest spam message ive ever seen...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking