what musical style would you consider the guitar piecies shadows fall has put out like risen, the great collapse, casting shade? Their acoustic stuff is just amazing and really stands out and id like to be able to develope that style what should I learn?
Drist>Shadows Fall

The Light That Blinds Intro was amazing though...
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by deathbat41
what musical style would you consider the guitar piecies shadows fall has put out like risen, the great collapse, casting shade? Their acoustic stuff is just amazing and really stands out and id like to be able to develope that style what should I learn?

Great band that creates great acoustic music. There is really no other way to describe it other than Acoustic. It's hard to develope a style of an amazing guitarist such as Jon Donais.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by Sleepwalker 666
Opeth>Shadows Fall

Seriously.

YOU SIR FAIL.

TWO DIFFRENT GENRES.

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY B4 POSTING.

/rant.

Have a nice day
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by metaldud536
Opeth= Progressive metal
Shadows Fall= Metalcore

GTFO

I mean acoustic wise. Calm down

[Edit] Honestly, you guys STFU!
Quote by metaldud536
Opeth= Progressive metal
Shadows Fall= Metalcore

GTFO

True dat.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by Pretty_Much
I don't like Shadows Fall's vocalist.

Annoying imo.

I only think it's annoying because he is from Boston and has the heavy Boston accent and it tags along with him in his singing. That's why I prefer when Brian does the hardcore vocals instead.

I mean acoustic wise. Calm down

[Edit] Honestly, you guys STFU!

Opeth pulls acoustic stuff out of their ass and it's the best music ever, I still think of it as a bad comparision.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Last edited by shadesofanger at Dec 30, 2008,
The vocals have changed alot over the years but great guitarists and just a really good band.
Quote by deathbat41
The vocals have changed alot over the years but great guitarists and just a really good band.

Vocalists get better over time, look at Tommy from BTBAM. I used to think his voice was horrible in the hardcore and clean vocals but now he is way better. I liked Of One Blood vocals over all other Shadows Fall albums though.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Are their any bands that just play like that or any other metal bands that can do the great acoustic stuff I know otep and in flames do alot of it.
Quote by deathbat41
Are their any bands that just play like that or any other metal bands that can do the great acoustic stuff I know otep and in flames do alot of it.

I know All That Remains have very good acoustic material.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Quote by Beakwithteeth
That can't be a genre. Most of the time people call the progressive bluegrass scene the "acoustic music" scene because it includes bluegrass, old time, gypsy jazz, honky tonk, acoustic rock, new acoustic and celtic stuff.

Damn, can you identify what type of acoustic The Light That Blinds is? It would be funny if it turned out to be gypsy jazz.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Quote by shadesofanger
Damn, can you identify what type of acoustic The Light That Blinds is? It would be funny if it turned out to be gypsy jazz.

Probably none of those (I haven't heard it) but "acoustic" isn't really a genre it is just a type of medium is what I was trying to say.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Probably none of those (I haven't heard it) but "acoustic" isn't really a genre it is just a type of medium is what I was trying to say.

Oh ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pNlWSHeAGs Here it is anyway.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues