i need an amp for metal, mostly thrash/death metal. i am not even going to use the cleans, so thats not important. i can only spend 430-450 at most.
If you are lucky you might find a used Peavey 5150/6505 for that much. In all reality, you should probably save another 150 dollars or so for a decent metal amp.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
If you are lucky you might find a used Peavey 5150/6505 for that much. In all reality, you should probably save another 150 dollars or so for a decent metal amp.

Yeah, that would be a good choice. If not, a Valveking/Windsor would do the trick.
Quote by ortrigger
yea i was looking at the 5150's and i love the sound, if i can somehow pull some extra money out of my ass ill definately get one.

Quote by GNRjungle87
Yeah, that would be a good choice. If not, a Valveking/Windsor would do the trick.

i tried the valveking at samash, wasnt really a big fan :/

Quote by Matt420740
B-52

never seen one of these, are they reliable?
b-52 sucks. sounds like dump. you really need to throw down some more cash for a decent metal amp than mid 400s.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
b-52 sucks. sounds like dump. you really need to throw down some more cash for a decent metal amp than mid 400s.

im most likely buying the amp used though.
Used valveking?

Also, if you have some left over put a muff in front of it. A properly dialed muff pedal can be a serious metal sound.
Windsor with an Overdrive pedal should do the trick, though If your buying the head do not i repeat DO NOT get the 412 cab to go with it, blue marvels are ****, instead by a nice packed Celestion Avatar 212 or 412.
alright i didnt want to make a whole new thread, i found a great deal i think at guitarcenter, its a used peavey valveking 212 for $250, should i go for that, because i also want to buy a ps3 now.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
alright i didnt want to make a whole new thread, i found a great deal i think at guitarcenter, its a used peavey valveking 212 for $250, should i go for that, because i also want to buy a ps3 now.

that valveking would be great if its already been modded
TS i think you could find a nice used peavey XXX in your local craigslist or ebay
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that valveking would be great if its already been modded
TS i think you could find a nice used peavey XXX in your local craigslist or ebay

believe me ive been looking at craigslist and ebay for the longest time, a xxx 112 used on ebay goes for more than$450 and the 5150's as well. ive never seen a xxx on craigslist, and ive seen 5150's but never combos, always half stacks and they are always asking an outrageous price of at least $800
Last edited by crypticslaughtr at Dec 30, 2008,