Hey.

I've been having some problems playing with a Floyd Rose. I'm use to playing, and anchoring my hand on the bridge, but on a guitar with a Floyd Rose this pushes it down and detunes the strings.. what can I do to fix this?

Also, if this is in the wrong place, tell me and I'll move it.
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
when you anchor, you should only be touching something to get a feel of where you are on the strings, not applying force. try it out, once you get used to it you might even play faster.

the ideal way to play would be without anchoring at all, so i've read. but that's reallly hard! for me anyway.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
LOL, just don't anchor your hand so hard.. I just barley rest my hand on my bridge right behind the saddles, and move forward to palm mute. Light tough is key.
when I do that I end up anchoring with my ring finger or pinky underneath the strings, which I've heard is a bad habit to get into?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
My pinky is usually touching the high E when I play. Its not going to hurt ya. It will actually help to keep that string muted. I wouldn't hook my finger under it though.
Don't do either of those things.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Your anchoring too hard, i used to anchor all the time but my strings would never go out of tune, you must be putting a ton of pressure on the floyd.
Get a fixed bridge; floyd Rose's destroy resonances. -_- Float, get used to it. But as an alternative you could always rest your palm on the portion of strings just before the bridge. Of course then your arm would have to constantly move up and down with whatever string you'll be picking so as not to mute it all the time. But that'd be something very close to not anchoring. Paul Gilbert, check his picking technique out. No pinky on the pick guard, but has his palm gently resting, but always mobile, on the strings.